ERIKA Enterprise is an innovative RTOS for small microcontrollers, supporting newest multi- and many-core chips.
- Portable API - The Erika API implements the same API on different microcontrollers.
- Increased performances - Highly configurable ROM footprint, high efficiency kernel, stack sharing to limit RAM consumption.
- Multi-core support - Multi-core issues are handled automatically, simplifying the application design and verification.
- Source code available - Erika Enterprise is available with complete source code!
The main features of ERIKA Enterprise are:
- Real-time kernel, priority based, with stack sharing for RAM optimization.
- Minimal multithreading RTOS interface. A minimal configuration of ERIKA Enterprise is typically in the order of 1 to 6 KB of Flash memory.
- RTOS API for: Tasks, Events, Alarms, Resources, Application modes, Semaphores, Error handling.
- ERIKA Enterprise has been OSEK/VDX certified. The certification is done against the execution of a number of black-box regression tests for the specific microcontroller, compiler and kernel version.
- Support for conformance classes (BCC1, BCC2, ECC1, ECC2) to match different application requirements. Additional research conformance classes (FP, EDF, FRSH, HR) are also available.
- Support for preemptive and non-preemptive multitasking.
- Support for fixed priority scheduling and Preemption Thresholds.
- Support for Earliest Deadline First (EDF) scheduling.
- Support for stack sharing techniques, and one-shot task model to reduce the overall stack usage.
- Support for shared resources.
- Support for periodic activations using Alarms.
- Support for centralized Error Handling.
- Support for hook functions before and after each context switch.
- Dual license: GPLv2+Linking Exception (for ERIKA Enterprise v2.x and v3.x), and Commercial (for ERIKA Enterprise v3.x)
RT-Druid is the development environment for ERIKA Enterprise. Based on Eclipse, RT-Druid allows writing, compiling, and analyzing your application in a comfortable environment.
RT-Druid main features:
- Development environment based on the Eclipse IDE.
- Support for the OIL language for the specification of the RTOS configuration.
- Support the ORTI standard for application debugging and tracing with Lauterbach TRACE32 and iSystem winIDEA debuggers.
- Rich text editor for OIL configuration file editing.
- Graphical configuration plugin to easily generate the OIL configuration file and to easily configure the RTOS parameters.
- Full integration with the Cygwin development environment to provide a Unix-style scripting environment on Windows.