Erika on Aurix TC297B

Forum related to ERIKA Enterprise and RT-Druid version 2

Moderator: paolo.gai

Tricore_User

Erika on Aurix TC297B

Post by Tricore_User » Wed May 02, 2018 12:40 pm

Hello, we have managed to port Erika Enterprise v2 RTOS to TC297B TFT board in multicore configuration and decided to share it as there is no Erika OS TC297 port available online.
The code is available at: http://git.edi.lv/vitalijs.fescenko/Eri ... TC29x_port. Link also contains some examples - shared data, iLLD integration - and description on how Erika OS port can be developed for other TC2xx boards.
We used HighTec GNU compiler available with Free Entry Toolchain, and Erika IDE because BiFACES's Erika OS example does not work in multicore configration.
We are not experts in Tricore or Erika OS, so any suggestions will be appreciated.

paolo.gai
Administrator

Re: Erika on Aurix TC297B

Post by paolo.gai » Thu May 03, 2018 7:51 am

Hi!

Thanks for your work, it seems really nice!

What about committing the examples and the support you have done mainline, merging with the support available internally? Let us know if you are interested.

Ciao,

PJ

Tricore_User

Post by Tricore_User » Mon May 07, 2018 1:30 pm

We are interested and would be glad if you could explain further steps we must take to achieve that.

paolo.gai
Administrator

Post by paolo.gai » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:33 am

Hi,

I did not forget about your request, but we are currently overbooked and the replies in the forum somehow slipped.

What happens is that we do have a porting for that micro on our servers, but we were requested to hold on a while until other customers wanted it. This may happen soon, and if it happens then we would have a complete porting included RT-Druid. So if you do not mind please hold the patches for a while.

Ciao,

PJ

Fincato

Post by Fincato » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:20 pm

Hi,

I am a student and i am now trying to do an Erika application on Aurix using Bifaces.
On Single Core i did not found any problem on generating file with RT-Druid and compile my application but when i tried to do an application with multicore(Defining more the one CPU_DATA in the oil file) i found some problems.

RT-Druid or something else cannot generate correctly the .c .h and .mk files for my application.
I can see the temporary folder where RT-Druid is building the files, i can see one different folder for each diffent CPU but when it tries to move this file to my source folder something goes wrong and cannot merge them.

Does someone know how to solve this problem? Was it the same motivation that makes you using the Erika IDE instead of Bifaces?

Thanks in advance,

paolo.gai
Administrator

Post by paolo.gai » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:26 pm

Hi,

The ERIKA makefiles works with many architecture/compilers, and we never tried them on bifaces (we are of little help for this integration...).

The various directory you see are there because we generate on ERIKA2 one ELF per core.

Things will change with ERIKA3 on Tricore AURIX (we plan a release around end of the month/mid july, that will support over time various AURIX derivatives).

Ciao,

PJ

ChayMa

Post by ChayMa » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:03 pm

Hi,
I am new user of the ERIKA OS and AURIX Tricore boards. Currently, i am working on my internship project and I have to use ARIKA OS on AURIX TC264 B-step.
I tried the example you motioned but I get errors on the common.mk file which are :
  • EEBASE is set, but it has been overridden by ERIKA_FILES
  • make: *** No rule to make target '/cygdrive/c/Users/CHAYMA~1/WORKSP~1/PROJEC~1/ee_files/pkg/cfg/rules.mk'. Stop.
Thank you for your help.
Best regards,

e.guidieri

Post by e.guidieri » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:26 pm

Could you guarantee to have an ERIKA's checkout in:

C:\Users\CHAYMA~1\WORKSP~1\PROJEC~1\ee_files ?

If you want to use the ERIKA inside RT-Druid just unset ERIKA_FILES (and EEBASE) system variables, otherwise double check your configuration

ChayMa

Post by ChayMa » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:45 am

Hello,

Thank you for your help. I did set the error concerning the system variable. but after rebuilding the project , it gave me another errors which are :
  • make[1]: *** [/cygdrive/c/Users/CHAYMA~1/WORKSP~1/PROJEC~1/ee_files/pkg/cfg/arch/rules_infineon_tc_generic.mk:275: /pkg/mcu/infineon_common_tc2Yx/src/ee_tc2Yx_cstart.o] Error 127

• make[1]: Leaving directory '/cygdrive/c/Users/ChayMa Hajjem/workspace/Project_AURIX_TC264B_1/Debug/master'

• make: *** [/cygdrive/c/Users/CHAYMA~1/WORKSP~1/PROJEC~1/ee_files/pkg/cfg/arch/rules_infineon_multi_base.mk:158: CPU_MASTER-all] Error 2

The whole console spot is presented in the following picture.
Notes :
I am using HIGHTEC Free Entry Tool Chain with ERIKA v2 and RT_DRUID 2.8 same as the project motioned before. I also remake all the steps of the porting project but it failed to compile correctly.
I would be thankful if you help me.

Best regards,
Attachments
error.PNG
error.PNG (42.6 KiB) Viewed 67926 times

e.guidieri

Post by e.guidieri » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:52 am

The problem is the configuration on the environment for the compiler path as you can see in the on the image.

Have you used the Environment Variable or the common_oil.pref property file?

http://erika.tuxfamily.org/wiki/index.p ... iler_paths

Use the slash instead of backslash or double the back slash:

like this:

TRICORE_GCCDIR = C:/HIGHTEC/toolchains/tricore/v4.9.1.0-infineon-2.0

or

TRICORE_GCCDIR = C:\\HIGHTEC\\toolchains\\tricore\\v4.9.1.0-infineon-2.0

N.B. omit /bin it will be added be the build chain

ChayMa

Post by ChayMa » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:57 pm

Hello,
Thank you so much for your help.
I used system variables and I set the path with double back slash and it works perfectly.
In addition, I have a question concerning the porting project motioned before. Can I change the tc27xB with tc26xB ? Because I have to work with the TC264 B-step board.

Best regards,

e.guidieri

Post by e.guidieri » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:25 pm

The right value is simply TC26x

Code: Select all

MCU_DATA = TRICORE {
      MODEL = TC26x;
    };

ChayMa

Post by ChayMa » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:03 pm

Thank you for your quick reply but here what i get when i changed to TC26x.
there is an error with CORE 2.

Best regards,
Attachments
error 2.PNG
error 2.PNG (16.37 KiB) Viewed 67908 times

e.guidieri

Post by e.guidieri » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:09 pm

Obviously since tc26x is just a dual core you cannot run a 3 core configuration just as is,
you have to adjust it removing al the reference to the third core.

ChayMa

Post by ChayMa » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:53 am

Hi,
Thank you very much for your answer. I have another request. Is there any documentation or tutorial of a simple code example.
For example a LED blinking.
Thank you

Best regards,