pic30-coff-as

A forum useful to discuss the details of the ScicosLab code generator.

Moderator: paolo.gai

gianluca

pic30-coff-as

Post by gianluca » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:29 pm

Hi,

I'm experiencing compilation troubles.

During the compilation the software does not find the pic30-coff-as file

Some information:

- the installation procedure was fine under XP, under seven it failed for a couple of laptops;

- the MPLAB C30 directory was wrong in the common.oil file, this has been modified

- MPLAN C30 is not downloadable anymore in the 3.24 version (used for the successful XP installation) but in the 3.25

- The paths DO have spaces (I remember about some "suggestion" on avoid spaces in all the installation paths)

Could you please list me the scripts and bat files used so that I can check all the compilation procedures?

Btw, it is somehow annoying to receive the message "DONE... Application successfully compiled" when it is not...

Thanks in advance,
g.

paolo.gai
Administrator

Re: pic30-coff-as

Post by paolo.gai » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:07 pm

I guess this is a problem of the MPLAB C30 installation. We do have various Windows seven laptops and it worked fine... at least as I have seen so far.

But which MPLAB /C30 version did you install? we did not get any report about new versions failing...

I guess the first step to try would be to try compiling from ERIKA + RT-Druid leaving Scicoslab as the second step. The steps should be the following:

http://erika.tuxfamily.org/wiki/index.p ... pplication

I hope this helps...

Ciao,

PJ

jonjjj

Post by jonjjj » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:53 pm

PJ,

I have the same issue. I installed v3.25. I can compile using the MPLAB C30 v3.25 from EE RT-Druid by modifying the path name from the Preferences Menu, then building code from Eclipse. However, even after my preferences are updated with the appropriate MPLAB C30 path name, I still receive the pic30-coff-as not found error when trying to generate the code from Scicoslab. Modifying the common_oil.pref file in the eclipse configuration folder does not work. Not quite sure how to proceed.

JJ

paolo.gai
Administrator

Post by paolo.gai » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:28 pm

if RT-druid compiles from the Eclipse, then it is not a problem of compiler but of makefiles.

Please check whether the makefile generated in the Debug directory by the ScicosLab scripts and by the Eclipse scripts are the same...

PJ

paolo.gai
Administrator

Post by paolo.gai » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:28 pm

I have just tried again with the ScicosLab Amazing ball demo, and indeed it fails on my machine.

But it's not a problem of compiler executable in my case, it is that (again) Microchip changed the include files shipped with the compiler, so the Microchip TCP/IP library 5.20 does not work with the latest compiler (!!! I have no words).

We'll fix this in the following days on the 1.6.0 branch. Please use an older compiler in the meantime .

Ciao,

PJ

jonjjj

Post by jonjjj » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:26 pm

PJ,

I am using MPLAB IDE v8.66 with Mplab C30 v3.25 and was also having the pic30-coff-as not found error when running any of the programs. The program cc_pic30_detect.sh never actually locates the C30 directory because it's location has changed since v3.24. The only difference between the RT-Druid (Eclipse) and Scicos generated codes is that the SCICOS code does not call PIC30_USE_EEGCC_DEPS := Y, while the RT Druid does; and the RT-Druid includes two additional APP_SRCS.

I tried modifying cc_pic30_detect.sh to account for Microchip C30's directory changes from v3.24 to v3.25 (i.e. adding another if statement with the new v3.25 directory), but it did not help. The workaround for me so far is to change the default installation directory settings for C30 v3.25 from c:\Program Files\Microchip\mplabc30\v3.25 to just c:\Program Files\Microchip MPLAB C30 Suite. Once I reinstalled to this directory, the LED_sign and Amazing _Ball compiled correctly. I hope this helps.

JJ

C:\Evidence\Evidence\eclipse\plugins\com.eu.evidence.ee_1.5.1.201003011152\ee_base\pkg\cfg\arch

paolo.gai
Administrator

Post by paolo.gai » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:17 pm

The cc_pic30_detect.sh was already changed on the SVN for this... just check the latest version

http://svn.tuxfamily.org/viewvc.cgi/eri ... iew=markup

I also asked Riccardo and Dario to check for the new compiler... We'll probably make it working with the new release.

Ciao,

PJ

gianluca

Post by gianluca » Mon May 02, 2011 2:47 pm

Dear all,

thanks for the replies.

I'm quite disoriented, however, I did not know it was necessary to be a skilled programmer just to use an educational set-up.

If I'm understanding the problem arose when "MPLAB C Compiler for PIC24 and dsPIC v3.24 in LITE mode" was no more available and in the v3.25 the developers modified some paths (I think it is their right to modify their code as they prefer...).

Waiting for the work around it is possible to have a copy of the 3.24 version? .

In alternative, the cc_pic30_detect.sh file where exactly should be copied? is it the solution for the windows seven installation of my original post?

Best,
g.

ps meanwhile I experienced another problem with the XP installation, it might be related but I'm posting it in another post

paolo.gai
Administrator

Post by paolo.gai » Mon May 02, 2011 4:10 pm

About the compiler:

please use an earlier version that you can find on the MPLAB archives:

http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcpl ... e=en023073

Ciao,

Paolo

gianluca

Post by gianluca » Tue May 03, 2011 12:25 pm

the archive contains licensed software, a license number is thus required.

any workaround?

g.

paolo.gai
Administrator

Post by paolo.gai » Tue May 03, 2011 1:03 pm

Ok. We'll try to support the 3.25 a little bit earlier. we'll discuss the thing during this week.

Ciao,

PJ