Scicos Flex Code generator-Error. Help!!!

A forum useful to discuss the details of the ScicosLab code generator.

Moderator: paolo.gai

gina.torres

Scicos Flex Code generator-Error. Help!!!

Post by gina.torres » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:14 am

Hello,

I have tried to generate code with the first example Led_Sin.cos but i have some errors as you can see in the picture attached, i have followed all the steps of installation and i don't know how to solve them. The unique thing that i have don different is that i installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 not the 2008. Please help me, i have almost one week with the same error, i don't know what should i do.

Thanks.

Gina Torres Guerrero.
Attachments
Compilation_Error_Scicoslab.JPG
Compilation_Error_Scicoslab.JPG (173.21 KiB) Viewed 15334 times

erikadds

Re: Scicos Flex Code generator-Error. Help!!!

Post by erikadds » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:09 am

The problem is related to 'make.exe' you're using.
C:\program~1\egcs\bin\make is not the executable that you should use.
The build-chain was designed to work with cygwin make.
It is likely that your environment (PATH) has been configured to look first in the egcs path and then in cygwin path.
Edit the PATH environment variable in the right way, being very careful, and try again.
The cygwin installation path must precede the 'egcs' path.
This should solve the problem.
Thank you for using the forum.

Greetings.
DDS

gina.torres

Post by gina.torres » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:26 pm

Sorry but,

I dont know if i understood what you advice me, i am trying to modify the path but i dont find here the cygwin path, It appears like that:

PATH:
C:\Program Files\Microchip\MPLAB C30\bin;C:\Program Files\scicoslab-4.4.1\bin;C:\watcom-1.3\binnt;C:\watcom-1.3\binw;C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.8\miktex\bin;%systemroot%\system32;%systemroot%\system32\wbem;c:\progra~1\egcs\bin;c:\progra~1\pscad4~1\bin\ffilter;c:\program files\intel\wireless\bin\;c:\program files\microsoft sql server\80\tools\binn\;%systemroot%;C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2011a\bin

It seems that there is not the path of the cygwin, should i add it?, i am pretty sure that i have installed cygwin, but i dont know why it doesnt appear in the path. If i should add it how should i add it?, i mean which is the directory name where should it be?.

Thanks, i really appreciate your help.

Gina Torres.

erikadds

Post by erikadds » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:58 pm

The shell of cygwin should enter the cygwin installation paths at the beginning of PATH.
So maybe the problem in this case is not the order of the paths as suggested in previous post but the absence of the 'make.exe' version of cygwin.
To install 'make.exe' in cygwin just download the utility 'setup.exe' from cygwin site and choose a mirror site.
Otherwise you can download this version of cygwin and replace the old one. This folder contains all the packages you need.
http://download.tuxfamily.org/erika/web ... _1_7_9.zip

Regards,
DDS