Scicos Pack 11.1 released!

A forum useful to discuss the details of the ScicosLab code generator.

Moderator: paolo.gai

paolo.gai
Administrator

Scicos Pack 11.1 released!

Post by paolo.gai » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:41 pm

Dear all,

a quick message to say we just released the Scicos Pack 11.1!!!

You can find it as usual at the following link...

http://erika.tuxfamily.org/scilabscicos.html

Ciao,

PJ

mipl

Re: Scicos Pack 11.1 released!

Post by mipl » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:40 pm

Hi

the dsPic tool chain is available also for Linux (MPLAB X), so how much effort would be needed to port the FLEX - Scicos generator to Linux environment (e.g Ubuntu)? As I can see right now some parts of FLEX - Scicos generator already run under Linux.

Kind regards,
Michael

paolo.gai
Administrator

Post by paolo.gai » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:43 am

The ScicosLab part is not yet supported on Linux.

The work to do is not much... the XC16 and XC32 are now supported by ERIKA. there is also a tutorial on how to use ERIKA on Linux for Microchip dsPIC.

It's mainly a matter of taking the package and trying to make it working on Linux (mainly .bat must become .sh, and so on...)

Our plan will be to release soon an improved version of the Scicos Pack soon (mainly to fix minor bugs). Then we'll port on Linux the commercial version (http://www.e4coder.com), then the free version on Linux...

If you want to help on the free version, you are welcome! (we can give you the basic support you need to do the work...)

Ciao,

Paolo

gmillet

Post by gmillet » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:24 pm

Hello,
The weblink is now http://erika.tuxfamily.org/drupal/scilabscicos.html.

What is the status of the free version for Linux, if there will be one?
It seems that all development since February 2012 has gone into E4Coder. What difference would there be between E4Coder and a free edition, apart from technical support?

Thanks.

gmillet

Post by gmillet » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:21 pm

I misunderstood the last post. Please forget the last line of my previous post.

paolo.gai
Administrator

Post by paolo.gai » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:11 pm

The current status is that the release of teh Scicos Pack has slipped for "a while", mainly because we did not get much feedback about bugs or new requests to support new boards. We had talks with the ReTiS Lab about making a new version which would include also STM32F4Discovery, but no actions have been done due to lack of time.

On the other hand, It's also true that Evidence invested a lot on E4Coder. The code generated by E4Coder is relatively small, and allows an easy embedding also with small targets.

Ciao,

Paolo

rio.barua

Post by rio.barua » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:18 pm

Hi,

I am new to scicos and totally new to amazing ball experiment. I am facing a problem, which I have been trying to solve for past 3 days. I am trying to install the Scicos Pack 11.1 on my system, but unfortunately, I am unable to do so. While I am installing the scicos pack, it asks for Microchip MPLAB C30 compiler (this compiler has been scrapped by microchip, instead they ask to install Microchip highly recommends the MPLAB XC16 Standard Compiler (SW006022-1) for new designs, inserted the image)
Microchip MPLAB C30 compiler.jpg
Microchip MPLAB C30 compiler.jpg (197.64 KiB) Viewed 17339 times
So Iinstalled the new XC16 compiler in my machine
Microchip MPLAB XC16 error.jpg
Microchip MPLAB XC16 error.jpg (428.75 KiB) Viewed 17339 times
, and then provide scicos with the XC16 pathname but it gives error.
Microchip MPLAB XC16 error 2.jpg
Microchip MPLAB XC16 error 2.jpg (389 KiB) Viewed 17339 times
. File not found and path error.

What am I doing wrong, that I am unable to install the scicos pack 11.1 on my windows 7 OS PC, I have installed scicos 4.4.1 and all other required softwares. :(

Best Regards,
Rio

paolo.gai
Administrator

Post by paolo.gai » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:57 pm

Hi!

It seems the C30 compiler are still available from the Microchip compilers page, under the archive section...

The ScicosLab Pack as it is has not been updated since a while ... I always say I should have the time to update it to the new ERIKA but did not find the time yet to do it...

Anyway it should work fine with the C30 compilers which can be found in the Microchip page... let us know if you have any problem...

Regards,

Paolo

rio.barua

Post by rio.barua » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:05 pm

Thanks a ton Paolo, issue has been solved.
Regards,
Rio