Amazing ball - Scicos Flex Code generator

A forum useful to discuss the details of the ScicosLab code generator.

Moderator: paolo.gai

paolo.gai
Administrator

Re: Amazing ball - Scicos Flex Code generator

Post by paolo.gai » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:31 pm

Yes sometimes it happens that an inconsistent state of Scicos make the application hang.

You can also check whether the FLEX is sending the packets, because the led next to the ethernet cable blinks at every packet send.

Also note that UDP sending is done in background. if the control task is too long, then it is likely that the system will not be able to send ethernet packets! In that case, try first a simple diagram to see if the connection works properly.

Ciao,

Paolo

gina.torres

Post by gina.torres » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:00 pm

Hello

Can i use Scicoslab for Ubuntu for the amazing ball? It seems that the implementation of the Amazing ball is just for WIndows.

Thanks.

GIna

paolo.gai
Administrator

Post by paolo.gai » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:11 pm

No... currently the Scicos Pack only works on Windows machines... (Scicos, Eclipse, ERIKA, SMCube alone work on Linux, but we never did the integration).

Ciao,

PJ

gina.torres

Post by gina.torres » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:09 am

Hello,

I have tried to generate code with the first example Led_Sin.cos but i have some errors as you can see in the picture attached (Step 3)., i have followed all the steps of installation and i don't know how to solve the problem . The unique thing that i have done different is that i installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 not the 2008 as you recommend. Please help me, i have almost one week with the same error, i don't know what i should do.

Thanks so much.

Gina Torres Guerrero.
Attachments
Compilation_Error_Scicoslab.JPG
Compilation_Error_Scicoslab.JPG (173.21 KiB) Viewed 14820 times

erikadds

Post by erikadds » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:57 am

Hi Gina,
we have not yet tested the Scicos-pack with visual c++ 2010, so it is not recommended to use it for now...
The problem of compilation, however, is not related to visual c++ but is instead related to your cygwin installation. Your cygwin has not the 'GNU Make' utility. You cannot use another version of 'GNU Make', you must use the 'Cygwin Make'. You can download the 'Cygwin Make' tools using 'setup.exe' (downloadable from cygwin site).
You can notice in the screen-shot that the compilation calls: 'egcs/bin/make.exe'. This 'make.exe' is not in the cygwin path.

I hope this helps...
Regards.
Dario