TC275 - memory mapping

Forum related to ERIKA Enterprise and RT-Druid version 2

Moderator: paolo.gai

alben

TC275 - memory mapping

Post by alben » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:17 am

Hi,

using Erika OS 2.8 and an TC275 I've encountered, that every variable is mapped as a full word, instead of the correct size according to the used integer data type (unsigned char, unsigned short,....). I suspect the linker srcipt to be the problem since the DSPR supports both byte and half-word access, so there souldn't be a problem on that side, but I wasn't able to find a solution.
(I used nm to check the size of the data, using the .elf file as well as the .o files. Results are the same either way)

Anyone got some hints, how to solve this issue?

thanks in advance
Alex

e.guidieri

Re: TC275 - memory mapping

Post by e.guidieri » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:21 am

Hi,

If this is a problem for you, you have to ask to compiler provider, compiling with EE_VERBOSE EEOPT active e providing compiling and linking command line and liker scripts to them.

I have an hypothesis but it is just that: since the "problem" is in object file too, is tied to compile options not to linking, one of the options that theoretically could be the cause is -fdata-sections (if you are compiling with HighTec). So you should try to remove that in $EEBASE/pkg/cfg/arch/cc_tricore_gnu_new.mkn (it should be line 120).

Regards.