Osek COM on Multicore

Forum related to ERIKA Enterprise and RT-Druid version 2

Moderator: paolo.gai

Valnar92

Osek COM on Multicore

Post by Valnar92 » Wed May 21, 2014 1:12 pm

Hi there,
I'm trying to send messages on the Multicore Aurix from Task 1 on C0 to Task2 on C1. However, I got 2 problems:
When I simply set Action on the sent-message, I got an error from the "oil parser" that the task cannot be found. Well, this is repaired by using a callback on C1 that sends the event to Task2. This works right good, but now, when I get the event on Task2 and try to receive the message, I get only a 0 as value.

Is there already a solution for the multicore COM? Should I declare the messages as external?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards
Alex Durst

paolo.gai
Administrator

Re: Osek COM on Multicore

Post by paolo.gai » Wed May 21, 2014 5:23 pm

Dear Alex,

The COM part has been implemented following the OSEK COM standard, but does not include (yet) support for multicores (and you are currently the first one to require that!).

What kind of project are you developing on AURIX?

Ciao,

PJ

Valnar92

Post by Valnar92 » Thu May 22, 2014 7:19 am

Hi,

Thanks for the fast reply.
I normally work with another real-time OS called PXROS-HR and I try to do some test to compare several aspects of both to point out the areas of application.
And for this reason, due to Pxros only supports Messages between several tasks (shared memory is not supported due to the MPU ), I also tried to use the mattress in Erika.

Best regards
Alex Durst

paolo.gai
Administrator

Post by paolo.gai » Thu May 22, 2014 7:44 am

Hi!

Thanks for the insight in your work, and for your evaluation with ERIKA. (And Since your name sounds German...) Will you also be in Essilingen in June 4 at the conference http://softwarekompetenz-fuer-die-zukunft.de/ ? If so it could be a good occasion for a meeting.

Please consider that currently the porting for Aurix is only partially released. On the public repository only the Multicore without MMU has been released, while we developed the complete AUTOSAR OS specification. The COM part has been developed for the OSEK/VDX qualification, but has not been extended to have multicore support yet.

If you are going to do some benchmarks between the two, please share some results, it would be nice to list them under the benchamrk category of the wiki (under your name of course).

If you need help in setting up ERIKA or extending it just write us. On the forum for the community support, privately for the commercial support!

Ciao,

Paolo

Valnar92

Post by Valnar92 » Thu May 22, 2014 8:06 am

Hi,

I don't know yet if I can come to Esslingen due to my master studies which take quite much time, I will try to get this day free for the event.
But there will certainly be other events to meet, I think.
If I get some good measurement results, I will share them with you.

Thank you very much for your support.

Best regards
Alex Durst

paolo.gai
Administrator

Post by paolo.gai » Thu May 22, 2014 8:29 am

Ok, let us know if you have some more questions!

PJ