Problem saving pic30.cof in card with MPLAB IDE

Forum related to the FLEX boards

Moderator: paolo.gai

nest

Problem saving pic30.cof in card with MPLAB IDE

Post by nest » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:36 am

Hello, I have a FLEX FULL board and a FLEX Multibus board and I'm trying the serial demo program which comes with Eclipse. This program sends the data '<H>' from the FLEX board to the PC by RS232.

I get the file pic30.cof compiling with Eclipse and I program the card using ICD2 in the Debugger mode of the MPLAB IDE. When press Run in the menu, I can see the chars '<H>' how to arrives at the PC using a terminal program. The system works correctly.

My problem comes when I use the Programmer mode of the MPLAB IDE. I select ICD2 and I Program the pic30.cof file. When I disconect the ICD2's cable, in my terminal program I can't see de chars '<H>'. It receives another chars that don't are nothing.

What I have to do to program the system and to work without having to be connected to the ICD2??

Thank you very much!!!

paolo.gai
Administrator

Re: Problem saving pic30.cof in card with MPLAB IDE

Post by paolo.gai » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:44 pm

Hi,

You need to select "Programmer" and then ICD2 from the MPLAB IDE menu. In this way, the program will stay in Flash after you disconnect the programmer.

The "Debug" mode is only useful for step by step programming...

Ciao,

PJ

gina.torres

Post by gina.torres » Tue May 22, 2012 4:27 pm

Hello,

I have the following problem: I try to create a project with MPLAB X, for the code generated by pid_ctrl_udp_codegen.cos and it can't create the project because pic30.cof is 29Mb, i realized about that because the other examples: The code generated by Led_sin.cos and pid_ctrl_usbudp_codegen.cos are very less than this one (3 Mb and 9Mb) so MPLAB X is unable to create the project for 29Mb. The question is: Is possible that i should use another version of MPLAB for example MPLAB IDE v8.84?. Why is the pic30.cof of this pid_ctrl_udp_codegen.cos of that size (29Mb)?. How do i program my flex board with MPLAB IDE for a prebuilt code?.

Thanks

Gina Torres G.

gina.torres

Post by gina.torres » Wed May 30, 2012 11:56 am

Hello,

I've solved this with help of Paolo but using MPLAB IDE, with MPLAB X was impossible to create a project for that prebuilt .cof ..

Thanks.

Gina Torres