USB_DEMO_wiki

Forum related to the FLEX boards

Moderator: paolo.gai

npascher

USB_DEMO_wiki

Post by npascher » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:13 pm

Hello,

I tetsted the USB_DEMO_wiki with success.
I would like to create my own *.cof file using the flex_usb_dataout.

Therefor I added the flex_usb_datain/out in a palette of my scicos. That step seems to succesfull, because I can see these two blocks in the palettes - even after a restart.

Next I copied the flex_usb_datain/out.c from the DEMO into
\"C:/Programmi/Evidence/ee/contrib/scicos/src/pic30\", like mentioned in the step-by-step guide from paolo.gai.

When I use the created Blocks in scicos to generate the code for the flex board, I get an error:
\"windows.h: No such file or directory\"

What can I do to fix this problem?

I solved the problem.

If I use FLEX usb_send I can create a *.cof file which I can flash into the dsPIC.
In Scicos, I can see the data, send via usb from the dsPIC, in a scope.
But if I disconnet the Demoboard, it\'s not working anymore.

Regards,

Niko

paolo.gai
Administrator

Re:USB_DEMO_wiki

Post by paolo.gai » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:24 pm

Ok, good that you already solved :-)

please note that the currebt version of the library for Scicos crashes when the USB port is not disconnected in the proper way. It seems a problem related to the interaction of Scilab together with the libusb port for windows. Some people at the retis lab reported it working without problems on Linux...

Btw, the new version which will be released soon solves the problem by decoupling the thing in two parts:

- a cygwin \"server\" application which reads using the cygwin libusb and then sends data through UDP

- a scilab DLL which receives data from UDP and displays it. It seems in fact that UDP is less troublesome when shutting down than USB... At least Scilab does not crashes :-)

PJ