Cannot compile in Eclipse

Forum related to the FLEX boards

Moderator: paolo.gai

BlindSight

Cannot compile in Eclipse

Post by BlindSight » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:41 am

Hi all,

I have just installed from scratch the latest Erika Enterprise 1.4.3, MPLAB IDE 8.20, Microchip C30 3.11b etc but I cannot compile any example code:
C:\\Evidence\\Evidence\\bin\\mymake_cygwin.bat all
makefile:97: /cygdrive/c/Evidence/Evidence//ee/pkg/cfg/rules.mk: No such file or directory
c:\\xsltproc\\bin\\make.exe: *** No rule to make target `/cygdrive/c/Evidence/Evidence//ee/pkg/cfg/rules.mk\'. Stop.
I suspect that the \'//\' may be the issue but I cannot find where it is generated from. Any ideas?

Thanks
David

paolo.gai
Administrator

Re:Cannot compile in Eclipse

Post by paolo.gai » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:09 am

Hi david,

this never happened to me... I\'m not sure if the double // is the problem.

In fact, on my machine I get:

$ make -f /cygdrive/c/Evidence/Evidence//ee/pkg/cfg/rules.mk
make: *** No targets. Stop.

which means that the cygwin make is interpreting correctly the location of the rules.mk .

Please check the following:
- that C:/Evidence/Evidence/ee/pkg/cfg/rules.mk exists
- that you are really executing the make.exe provided by Cygwin. In fact, on my machine if I type

$ which make
/usr/bin/make

It seems in fact that you are running another instance of make.exe, in particular c:/xsltproc/bin/make.exe - is this a separate installation of cygwin?

If it is not, please change the make to use inside c:/Evidence/Evidence/bin/mymake_cygwin.bat !

Ciao,

PJ

BlindSight

Re:Cannot compile in Eclipse

Post by BlindSight » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:31 am

Many thanks for that. I have just checked my Cygwin installation and \'make\' was missing hence the error. It now compiles nicely.

David