i2c bus

Forum related to the FLEX boards

Moderator: paolo.gai

Alberto_82

i2c bus

Post by Alberto_82 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:41 pm

Hi to all,
I have to use a sensor that work only with i2c interface: is there some function already written for the i2c bus or not? And may I use only the Flex board or some doughter board too??

Many Thanks!

Alberto Savioli

paolo.gai
Administrator

Re:i2c bus

Post by paolo.gai » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:14 pm

Hi Alberto...

Yes, The Flex board alone can be enough for attaching an I2C sensor!

As an example, consider the \"2007 Embedded World Nuremberg\" example shipped with EE. It has some basic code for controlling the I2C. It also has an eagle schedamtic and the connections for a compass and an ultrasound sensor.

About which daughter board to use: when we designed the multibus board, we thought at an I2C module. If you look at the schematics, the I2C slot is empty, because we was not able to find anymore the chip that should have gone in that place. But the wiring is there, meaning that if you have a Flex board + Multibus daughter board, you can design your own small module to plug in the I2C slot, and then you can use the other slots with the modules we provide...

bye,

PJ

paolo.gai
Administrator

Post by paolo.gai » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:18 pm

Hi Alberto,

BTW... if you are going to write some code on the I2C, it would be nice if you could generalize the work we have done on the demo... Once done, If you send it to us we could include it into the next EE release...

Ciao,

PJ

Alberto_82

Post by Alberto_82 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:29 am

Hi Paolo,
sure, it will be done!!

Bye,
Alberto Savioli