FLEX Full, USB and Scicos on the wiki!

Forum related to the FLEX boards

Moderator: paolo.gai

paolo.gai
Administrator

FLEX Full, USB and Scicos on the wiki!

Post by paolo.gai » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:09 am

Dear all,

we just released in the wiki an howto which tells how to use the USB port of the FLEX Full.

In ERIKA 1.4.3, in fact, we released a new API for sending data from the dsPIC to the PC through the USB.

That API is then used by the Scilab/Scicos code generator to send data through the USB to the PC, where Scilab can read the data using a DLL we wrote.

Some notes:
- PC to dsPIC is not yet implemented (only dsPIC to PC)
- You need at least a FLEX Full; then you need to connect the appropriate pins on the board, or you need to either connect them by hand (like in the USB application note on the Application notes section), or use a Demo Daughter board.

Ciao!

PJ

roberto.bucher@supsi.ch

Re:FLEX Full, USB and Scicos on the wiki!

Post by roberto.bucher@supsi.ch » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:03 pm

Hi

I\'ve finally programmed the PIC18 chip qith the \"cof\" provided in the last scilab pack. I\'ve reinstalled the driver following the steps in the wiki and it seems to be ok: Windows see the Flex Full as described.

Now the problem: I\'ve tried the provided examples, but no signal is displayed in the Scicos graphic window. I\'m using the demo board, no additional pins are connected (?) as described for the FLEX full alone. It\'s ok or not?

Roberto

paolo.gai
Administrator

Re:FLEX Full, USB and Scicos on the wiki!

Post by paolo.gai » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:45 pm

This seems strange. The Flex Full + Demo board does not require any special wiring.
If your laptop can see the Flex Full, then the PIC18 should have been programmed correctly.
The applications generated by scilab simply throws data through the USB. The USB led DL6 on the Flex Full should be always on or always blinking.

In any case I\'ll ask to Nino, who is in Pisa today, to take a look at it.ì (i\'m currently ill with a winter flu :-( )

Ciao,

PJ