P&E Micro Multilink Universal Debug Issue

Forum related to ERIKA Enterprise and RT-Druid version 2

Moderator: paolo.gai

muratdemirtas

P&E Micro Multilink Universal Debug Issue

Post by muratdemirtas » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:04 pm

Hello,
I have CodeWarrior 10.7 on Windows.
I installed RT-Druid and Erika Enterprise v2 via update_site (http://www.erika-enterprise.com/erika-b ... e_280/site)

I created "RT-Druid C/C++ Project" with "PowerPC Debug Toolchain" and selected template project e200zx -> MPC5674EVB(Mamba) -> task_demo.
After i changed "Build Directory" for compiling "${ProjName}/Debug" to "${ProjDirPath}/Debug"
I compiled the project succesfully but i don't have multilink debug configurations. (Initialization configuration file (*.tcl) and Memory configuration file (*.mem))

How can i debug with P&E Micro Multilink?

paolo.gai
Administrator

Re: P&E Micro Multilink Universal Debug Issue

Post by paolo.gai » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:34 pm

Dear muratdemirtas,

We do not have the P&E debugger in Evidence. I guess you can derive the debugger scripts by looking at the commands we typically provide for the Lauterbach TRACE32 debugger. I also know iSystem is supported (they provide their own scripts).

Ciao,

PJ

muratdemirtas

Post by muratdemirtas » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:34 am

I created a project as baremetal for MPC5674F then found .lcf and .mem files in "Project_Settings/Debugger" folder. I can debug baremetal project with these files.
But Erika OS doesn't create this files. So can i use other files instead of .lcf/.mem for debug Erika OS?

Additionaly,
I realized in "Debug Configurations -> Debugger -> OS Awareness" tab that I can select "OSEK/AUTOSAR" OS. Do I have to select this option and browse system.orti file for debugging?

paolo.gai
Administrator

Post by paolo.gai » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:09 am

The binary generated by ERIKA is not much different from a standard baremetal binary... So I guess what you said may work (but we never tried it).

If your debugger provides you ORTI support, you can point the ORTI file generated by ERIKA.

When everything works, if you want it would be nice if you could add a small session in the wiki about the usage of the P&E debugger... it could help other users in the near future.

Ciao,

PJ