Tricore compilation

Forum related to ERIKA Enterprise and RT-Druid version 2

Moderator: paolo.gai

azat

Tricore compilation

Post by azat » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:55 am

Hi all!
I want to try Erika for Tricore (Windows). I've downloaded and installed Eclipe, cygwin and install plugins via "Install new software". Also HighTec C compiler for Tricore installed and PATH variable was set properly (in the accordance with Erika's wiki". I try to compile the project with one of Tricore template, but as result - is says "Host-platform other than Linux not supported"
Is any something like "Getting started with Tricore" document exists?

azat

Re: Tricore compilation

Post by azat » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:17 am

Also, I have a related question - how can I use Tasking Tricore instead of GNU?

paolo.gai
Administrator

Post by paolo.gai » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:40 am

Hi!

All the Tricore documentation we have so far is at:

http://erika.tuxfamily.org/wiki/index.p ... on_Tricore

All the reports we had so far is that it works fine... but we currently do not have the compilers to replicate the compilation on Tricore.

About the compiler, currently only the Hitec compiler is supported. To support Tasking the assembler parts need to be rewritten, as well as the makefiles... Are you planning to support the Tasking compiler for ERIKA?

Ciao,

Paolo

azat

Post by azat » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:50 am

Thank you for quick answer,
I asked about Tasking, because I saw in makefiles support for it (cc_tricore_tasking.mk). May be it is uncompleted.
About supporting the Tasking - at first, I want to run it on target (TC1797). Depending on results I'll make a descision.

I saw that document and I've read the installing tutorial for Erika also.
I tried to make all the steps several times. As result - I can't compile the project. The only error appears - "Host-platform other than Linux not supported".
May be it is cygwin problem? Can it be especially tuned? OS is Windows 7 Enterprise.

paolo.gai
Administrator

Post by paolo.gai » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:47 pm

Yes, it is true that there is a file about tasking compilation. I think That is a leftover from the first version I implemented some years ago for the TC1775B. I guess it should be removed as it is no more used. (it is still there in case someone will need to restart from it.

The error in the makefile comes over because the porting for Tricore has been done only for Linux, and not for Windows, and thus it is not guaranteed to work.

If you want to add the support for Windows, the steps to do are the following:
- get a snapshot of the SVN
- use the SVN version and not the production version, by acting on ERIKA_FILES
http://erika.tuxfamily.org/wiki/index.p ... n_RT-Druid
- remove the warning and try to add the compiler under windows (which is the hardest part...)

Ciao,

Paolo

shanmu

Post by shanmu » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:16 pm

Hi,
I am new to Erika OS. My plan is to port some communication drivers using Erika OS in Aurix TC275 starter kit.
As 1st step to make sure all the configurations are fine, I used the demo projects available from the svn repository for TC275. When I try to build, I am getting the same error "Host-platform other than Linux not supported". Currently, I am using Windows 7. How to resolve this? Is there anything I am missing in the configuration? Request to help me with this.

Also, please help me with step by step procedure for configuring hightec compiler while building the Erika OS based projects.

Regards,
Shanmu

paolo.gai
Administrator

Post by paolo.gai » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:07 pm

Dear Shanmu,

The current implementation for ERIKA Enterprise, as noted on the wiki, only supports Linux... I suggest to try it on Linux, many people used it without problems.

If you must use a Windows Host, and you are going to write a patch, please let us know we'll be happy to include it in the build. On the other hand, if you need technical support please contact us at info "at" evidence.eu.com , and we'll be happy to provide you an offer for implementing the Windows Host support.

Ciao,

Paolo

e.guidieri

Post by e.guidieri » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:43 pm

HI,

to be honest this should be true only for TriCore AUDO (TC1797), not for Aurix (TC275).

Shanmu, did you installed Cygwin with make command on your platform?

Did you follow all the instruction here:
http://erika.tuxfamily.org/wiki/index.p ... neon_Aurix

Did you try an autogenerated examples from RT-Druid Eclipse?

Regards,
Errico

shanmu

Post by shanmu » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:38 pm

Hi people,
Thanks to both of you for your support. I have been trying with default template project meant for Aurix TC275. That is where I got the that 'Host-platform other than Linux not supported'. Now I cleared all the earlier set preferences in the eclipse(by setting them to default) and started as new. Then, I chose the compiler path as 'C:\HIGHTEC\toolchains\tricore\v4.6.6.0-infineon-1.1\tricore\bin' (I am using Hightec based GCC compiler).
After these updates, I end up in different error now. I have added the screen-shot in the attachments FYR.

Am I missing something here? Is there anything further I am supposed to configure? Request to help me with this!
Also, is there anyway to integrate the all these Erika and RT-Druid related plug-ins so that I can work with HighTec's IDE directly?

@e.guidieri,
And yes, I have installed Cygwin, which was downloaded from Erika website(minimum installation package)

Thanks,
Shanmu
Screen-shot of the error that I got while building a template project
Screen-shot of the error that I got while building a template project
Capture.PNG (39.45 KiB) Viewed 87042 times

e.guidieri

Post by e.guidieri » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:37 pm

Hi Shammu,

Are you using RT-Druid version 2.6?
Probably yes since RT-Druid 2.7 have been released just few days ago.

If you are using 2.6 version there is a bug in TriCore makefile for windows that in some machine configuration give the problem that you are facing.

I suggest you to download the new version of RT-Druid, if the problem is what I'm thinking it's fixed in the new version.
http://erika.tuxfamily.org/drupal/download.html

Regards,
Errico

shanmu

Post by shanmu » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:17 am

Hi Errico,
I am using RT-Druid 2.7 now. But, with this new RT-Druid version 2.7 also, I end up in the same old error 'Host-platform other than Linux not supported'.
Strange thing is, with the Demo ISR project in Tricore1 folder, I get this error.
With other demo projects in Tricore folder, I get a different error as '*** multiple target patterns. Stop.
make: *** [CPU_MASTER-all] Error 2'

I am stuck at the very beginning without progress :(
I guess, I am missing something in the initial configuration, which I could not figure it out! Does anyone have the clear step-by-step procedure of the initial configuration? If so, please share it.

Also, is there any way to include these RT-Druid plug-ins in HighTec provided IDE so that I can directly work with that IDE(which is also Eclipse based)?

Thanks again,
Shanmu

e.guidieri

Post by e.guidieri » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:20 pm

shanmu wrote:Hi Errico,
I am using RT-Druid 2.7 now. But, with this new RT-Druid version 2.7 also, I end up in the same old error 'Host-platform other than Linux not supported'.
Strange thing is, with the Demo ISR project in Tricore1 folder, I get this error.
With other demo projects in Tricore folder, I get a different error as '*** multiple target patterns. Stop.
make: *** [CPU_MASTER-all] Error 2'
Tricore1 is the old porting and toolchain for AUDO TriCore (TC1797). When I started the development for TriCore AURIX (TC2yx) I had to take major changes that completly changed port code and toolchain and I couldn't port the old support on new one since I didn't have access to the hardware to do that.

Long story short: don't look at TriCore1 if you are working with AURIX.
I am stuck at the very beginning without progress :(
I guess, I am missing something in the initial configuration, which I could not figure it out! Does anyone have the clear step-by-step procedure of the initial configuration? If so, please share it.
It seems that you already did all the step I could suggest to you, so this is troubleshooting, getting started guide could not help you anymore...

First try to build with verbose enabled: add EE_OPT = "VERBOSE"; in project oil file and copy paste here the compilation result
Also, is there any way to include these RT-Druid plug-ins in HighTec provided IDE so that I can directly work with that IDE(which is also Eclipse based)?
RT-Druid is a feature Eclipse languange speeking so it should by possible install it in every Eclipse/RCP applicatin that support p2 packet provisioning system.

Update site:
http://www.evidence.eu.com/erika-builds/ee_270/site

Nightly build update site:
http://www.evidence.eu.com/erika-builds ... uid_270_nb

These are the two update sites to get RT-Druid in yours Eclipse/RCP application check the documentation of the version of yours eclipse release to how install features from a new update sites.

In anycase nobody tried this so far, you could find some problems that we won't dig into.

Errico

shanmu

Post by shanmu » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:07 pm

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (9.49 KiB) Viewed 87016 times
Hi Errico,
Thanks for your clarification about 'Tricore1' demo projects.

I tried with demos in Tricore folder(which are ported for TC275) after adding statement as you have suggested(refer the attachment). I still endup in the same error "cygdrive/c/ECLIPS~1/eclipse/plugins/COMEUE~4.201/ee_files/pkg/cfg/arch/rules_infineon_tc_generic.mk:228: *** multiple target patterns. Stop.
make: *** [CPU_MASTER-all] Error 2]".

Any further help would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks,
Shanmu

e.guidieri

Post by e.guidieri » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:25 pm

Shammu,

I asked you to add the verbose EE_OPT so you could copy and paste di eclipse console output and I could try to understand what's going on...

Errico

shanmu

Post by shanmu » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:03 pm

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (37.63 KiB) Viewed 87009 times
Hi Errico,
Sorry, I missed it.. :(
This is what I get while building..

Thanks,
Shanmu