Multi tasking support in SCICOS using ERIKA and RT-DRUID

Forum related to ERIKA Enterprise and RT-Druid version 2

Moderator: paolo.gai

harini

Multi tasking support in SCICOS using ERIKA and RT-DRUID

Post by harini » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:31 pm

Hello,

I am planning to develop a real time multitasking application using my custom dsPIC board. I am developing my custom blocks for this purpose. I wanted to know if RT-DRUID and ERIKA support multitasking. If not, what can be done to incorporate the multitasking capability in SCICOS using ERIKA and RT-DRUID?

Thanks,
Harini

paolo.gai
Administrator

Re: Multi tasking support in SCICOS using ERIKA and RT-DRUID

Post by paolo.gai » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:28 am

The current version of the Scicos Pack only support single rates.

University of Trento (Luigi Palopoli http://disi.unitn.it/~palopoli/) actually worked towards generating more than one design in Scicos and then Incorporating them in a multirate design.

ERIKA and RT-Druid supports multi rate without problems, it's the integration between the Roberto Bucher's generator and the RT-Druid templates that currently does not support multirate. I know that Luigi solved the issue integrating the various pieces by hand (that is generating each piece alone and then interating it.

---

But there is however a good news. We are almost finishing the implementation of a optimized code generator which also supports multi-rate. It is likely that this new generator will be released before august. It will not be open-sourced.

Ciao,

PJ