NXT and Erika Enterprise?

Forum related to ERIKA Enterprise and RT-Druid version 2

Moderator: paolo.gai

jagomo

NXT and Erika Enterprise?

Post by jagomo » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:35 am

Hi again,

Due to the previous success getting e-puck functional under EE, we were thinking on using EE in Lego NXT robots if possible. Even though I found a pdf presentation where is pointing the old RCX Lego system as a supported device, the Hitachi H8/3292 is not supported anymore. So I’d like to know if ARM AT91SAM7S256 processor of NXT will be supported by EE or if anybody is working on making EE available for NXT.

Thanks for your time.

paolo.gai
Administrator

Re: NXT and Erika Enterprise?

Post by paolo.gai » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:51 pm

Hi!

Thanks for your message...

The current situation is the following:

- The LEGO RCX port was part of "ERIKA Educational". The history is that at some point we made a "commercial" branch of ERIKA because we were not allowed to release the code. At that time the ERIKA Educational branch was created with the RCX support.

- We never had time to take the RCX code and put it back into the current trunk, and due to the lack of request no other action has been done on H8. It would be nice to resurrect it!

- About the Lego Mindstorms NXT... it always has been one of the "things to do", but I never got one of these things to try... What we currently have is the support for ARM7, plus 2 interrupt controllers that gives a rough idea of the kind of code that should be done.

- currently, AFAIK, noone is working on porting ERIKA to NXT or RXC... Btw, are you interested in doing that? in that case, let us know if you may need some help in understanding the code and where to put it...

Ciao,

Paolo

jagomo

Post by jagomo » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:38 am

Hi,

Unfortunately, we're closing the project this December, deadlines are comming quite fast and my bosses want me to work with already developed stuff, EE was first choice but after your answer they asked me to go for ROS.

Anyway if they change their mind i'd let you know.

Thanks for your time.

paolo.gai
Administrator

Post by paolo.gai » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:42 am

Ok, I understand... let us know if something changes...

Ciao,

PJ