Project management between RT-Druid and MPLAB

Forum related to ERIKA Enterprise and RT-Druid version 2

Moderator: paolo.gai

moonckim

Project management between RT-Druid and MPLAB

Post by moonckim » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:25 pm

I have several questions on project management with RT-Druid and MPLAB. I started my project by borrowing a sample RT-Druid project. Later, I added more .h and .c file in the project and started to have the following issues.

1. Though RT-Druid recognizes which files belong to the project as I list them in conf.oil. "Build project" cannot find dependency on header files. For example, one of my .c file includes "define.h" and the define.h is modified, but "Build project" does not compile the .c file. Where can I declare the dependency? It seems that "makefile" is created by RT-Druid automatically. Thus, I cannot edit an existing makefile (as it will be deleted next build time).

2. After building a project in RT-Druid (1.51) with several .h and .c files, its pic30.cof is successfully imported by MPLAB IDE 8.5. However, struct type is not correctly identified by MPLAB IDE. The struct type variable is recognized as a simple variable by MPLAB IDE and thus MPLAB IDE does not show the internal structure of such struct.

Thank you in advance,
Moon

paolo.gai
Administrator

Re: Project management between RT-Druid and MPLAB

Post by paolo.gai » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:35 pm

Question 1) could be a bug in the dependency handling of the dsPIC port. Some progress has been done (mainly thanks to Bernardo on Mico32), but they have not been ported yet to the dsPIC port. The files responsible for the dependencies are the rules_pic30.mk in the pkg/cfg/arch directory of the EE installation

On Question 2 it is quite hard to say what is going wrong. What we do is just to put the debug switch when we compile the files (check them in verbose mode...). then the ELF is generated and the MPLAB should interpret it. If you compile a similar code in MPLAB, does it works? are there any differences in the compiler parameters passed by MPLAB IDE?

Ciao,

PJ