Ethernet Demos

Forum related to ERIKA Enterprise and RT-Druid version 2

Moderator: paolo.gai

luca.c

Ethernet Demos

Post by luca.c » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:25 pm

Ciao a tutti!

abbiamo acquistato qui all'università di Pavia un paio di flex con moduli ethernet. Abbiamo anche il programmatore ICD3 e il relativo software (RT-DRUID 3.5).
Volevo chiedervi un consiglio: esiste una semplice demo per far funzionare la rete, tipo per inviare e ricevere datagram UDP?

Grazie!
Luca

luca.c

Re: Ethernet Demos

Post by luca.c » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:05 pm

Ciao ancora,
comunque, se non è disponibile un esempio per lo stack TCP/IP, potrebbe essere sufficiente una demo in cui l'interfaccia Ethernet viene usata per spedire o ricevere un pacchetto qualsiasi, anche non IP.

Grazie a tutti
Luca

luca.c

Post by luca.c » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:11 am

Please Excuse me for writing in Italian.
Dears All,
We write from University of Pavia. We have bought a pair of flex boards and a pair of ethernet modules.
We are asking if someone has a simple example on how setting up the ethernet module with erica enterprise and how to send/receive basilar ethernet packets.

In our application we just need to send/receive basilar UDP datagrams.

In particular, we have downloaded the TCP/IP package available on
http://erika.tuxfamily.org/applicationn ... stack.html but
we are not able to compile it with RT-Druid 1.5 because it stops the build saying that ARCFOUR.o does not exist (of course ARCFOUR.c exists in the folder).

Thank you very much
Luca

paolo.gai
Administrator

Post by paolo.gai » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:58 pm

Hi!

For UDP sending:
- the UDP blocks we distribute that work with ScicosLab now use UDP for sending packets. This is for sure a working version on the Demo2 Daughter board.
- There is also a Web server demo, again for the Demo2 Board. (there should be not much difference with the Multibus board... the multibus board example is the one on the erika site in the application notes section)

Ciao,

PJ

luca.c

Post by luca.c » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:16 am

Ciao Paolo,
thank you very much.

I finally got Ethernet working. I successfully started the web server demo. To do this, once installed the demo board and the ethernet board, I have compiled the erika source code from SVN and I tried the web server example. After some tuning all worked fine!

Very good!
thank you again
Luca

paolo.gai
Administrator

Post by paolo.gai » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:39 pm

maybe you mean a ethernet crossover cable...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethernet_crossover_cable

PJ