AVR studio installation problem

Forum related to ERIKA Enterprise and RT-Druid version 2

Moderator: paolo.gai

gerry230

AVR studio installation problem

Post by gerry230 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:02 pm

I am an AVR studio user for the ATMEL ATMEGA 1281/2561. I downloaded the Eclipse version and got it working by building XBOW example. I went back to the evidence website and noticed that the Erika/Druid software was now ported to the AVR studio. On the same machine where I had the Eclipse version,I downloaded the AVR studio and a new Erika/Druid version. I started up AVR studio and I don\'t see the Erika/Druid software. I assume it is a plugin to AVR studio. I have tried several times to get it running but no success. Should I clean everything off and start again? How can I \"attach\" Erika/Druid to AVR studio.

The eclipse version still works.

thanks

Gerry

paolo.gai
Administrator

Re:AVR studio installation problem

Post by paolo.gai » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:26 pm

As long as I know, AVR Studio is used to make the programming of the system into the final hardware. The kernel is not yet integrated in AVR Studio, you need to use either Eclipse or the command line programs to generate the configuration code for the operating system.

PJ

Romano

Post by Romano » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:55 pm

Hi Gerry,

In my activities I often used AVR Studio to debug step by step the applications and the OS using the ATMEL JTAGICE mkII, for example.
What I do is this:

- Create my application using Eclipse and RT-Druid and generate the file eecfg, makefile, etc

- I create a folder (for example named x) and put in the file Code.c, handler.c and threads.c created at the prevoius step.

- I create a folder named Debug into x and put in it eecfg files handler_install.S and the makefile created by eclipse and RT-Druid.

- I Create the file makefileStart that is used by AVRStudio as the main makefile. The Content of the file is:
start:
make all -W makefile

- I create the project using AVRstudio into x and add all the previously created files to it.

-Now into AVRSTUDIO build project.

:)

For any problem, please don\'t hesitate to contact me on this forum.

Best regards.

Romano

Post by Romano » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:31 am

Hi Gerry,

last thing,pay attention in the avr project options in the avrstudio.

In GENERAL menu do you have to set Use external makefile and select makefileStart

In the CUSTOM OPTION unselect use WinAVR and put the path of avr-gcc and make manually. Use the avr-gcc of winavr but the make of cygwin.

I hope I\'d be helpful

Antonio