EIRKA for NIOS2-STUDIO

Forum related to ERIKA Enterprise and RT-Druid version 2

Moderator: paolo.gai

niosman

EIRKA for NIOS2-STUDIO

Post by niosman » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:12 am

Hi,

I know that Erika for NIOS2 is targeted for NIOS-IDE.
However, is there a chance that it works with the NIOS2-STUDIO Eclipse environment ?.

Regards.

paolo.gai
Administrator

Re:EIRKA for NIOS2-STUDIO

Post by paolo.gai » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:44 pm

Hi,

You are correct... all the development has been done on NIOS II IDE.

The source code should work the same without much difference, but I never looked at the NIOS2 STUDIO build scripts... I know they are all changed!

Are you using NIOS 2 STUDIO?

Regards,

PJ

niosman

Post by niosman » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:44 pm

Thanks a lot for your quick feedback.
Yes, I\'m using the NIOS2-STUDIO. Still qualified as Beta by Altera, but in fact it works pretty well and is much more responsive that NIOS2-IDE. If I have time, I will give Erika a try using NIOS2-STUDIO.

By the way, I have some more questions regarding to the Erika product:

- it is not clear for me if I have to pay for ? If yes , what are the differences between free version and commercial one ?
- may I expect a long term support from your company for the NIOS2 processor on the Erika platform ?

Regards.

paolo.gai
Administrator

Post by paolo.gai » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:59 pm

Ok... remember that the system will not compile right away for Nios Studio...

About price: ERIKA is free software, in other word the cost for using it, also in products, is zero.

About support: Evidence does provide support, as well as development of specific application and drivers for specific hardware. The rates depends on the job being done and on the time spent on it.

We also do provide some support and some answers using this forum, as a free background service to the community of users...

About long-term support... We started working with Nios II 4.2... and the system is still available! I guess we\'ll continue to provide support and new versions as long as there is interest from the user community... hopefully Altera will not completely change the development environment every six months :-)

Regards,

Paolo