Scicos_pack

Forum related to ERIKA Enterprise and RT-Druid version 2

Moderator: paolo.gai

p.erasmus

Scicos_pack

Post by p.erasmus » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:41 pm

Dear Evidance and users
I have installed scilab 4.1.2 and Ereka 1.4.2.1 and the the manual
SCilab/Scicos Code generator describes in Page 9 point 6 that we need to download scicos_pack_V5.zip and installe it however I find only scicos_pack_V5.2.zip ,
Can I use this pack or could you supply a link to the pack.

Then I also have the question the code and scicos blocks only work with the flex board or is it possible to use this for applications I design myself based on the dsPIC and PIC 24 ,
if this is true we will purchase the full versions of the Toolbox
we are a design company in the automotive industry and well know to Microchip in Switzerland ,However we are looking in to a simulation ,code generation package to speed up development work
and your Product were presented to us by Mr Roland Ruetimann from
Microchip Switzerland.
Best regards
Peter

paolo.gai
Administrator

Re:Scicos_pack

Post by paolo.gai » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:16 am

Dear peter,

yes, you can use the Scilab pack V5.2 (which was a bug fixing over the original V5).

And yes, it is possible to make the system working for smaller PICs, like PIC24 and others.

In fact, ERIKA already works for PIC24, and we have done some tests over the Explorer 16 board. Apropos the Scilab blocks, all what is needed is just a different configuration file and probably some additional blocks to deal with the different peripherals available in the system. We can of course provide it if needed...

I also just received Roland\'s contact from Microchip Italy. I\'ll phone him shortly, and I\'ll let you know some information as soon as possible!!!

Regards,

Paolo

gary_seven

Post by gary_seven » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:45 pm

Anyone have a link to the scilab v5.2 pack? I can\'t find anywhere on the site, and the Flex Scicos document does not give the full URL to the file.

Thanks -

Glenn N.

p.erasmus

Post by p.erasmus » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:34 pm

www.evidence.eu.com/content/view/175/216/

The link for the patch 5.2 for the dsPIC and Sicos-scilab hope this is what you are looking for

regards
Peter

paolo.gai
Administrator

Post by paolo.gai » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:25 am

Thanks Peter...

Yes, the link is correct. In the menu structure, it is under the \"FLEX Boards\" menu; the scilab logo in the frontpage also drives to that link.

In any case, we are going to redesign the company website soon, hoping that the infoprmation will be more browsable...

PJ