Trouble compiling in RT Druid

Forum related to ERIKA Enterprise and RT-Druid version 2

Moderator: paolo.gai

sneally

Trouble compiling in RT Druid

Post by sneally » Sat May 02, 2009 8:17 am

Hi All,
Im having trouble compiling a demo program in the RT-Druid environment.

When I perform a build I get the following output on the console:
C:\\Evidence\\bin\\mymake_cygwin.bat all
MAKE_DIRECTORIES
MAKE_DIRECTORIES (after a clean)

Under the \'Problems\' tab I also get the warning: \"Error launching \'cygpath\' command.

I installed the C30 compiler and the assembler into the Microchip directory and edited the folder names so that they contained no spaces. The gcc path set to c:\\Microchip\\MPLABC30
and the asm path c:\\Microchip\\MPLABASM30Suite

Are there any blatant issues with my comfiguration?
Thanks for the help!

paolo.gai
Administrator

Re:Trouble compiling in RT Druid

Post by paolo.gai » Sun May 03, 2009 10:52 am

Under the \'Problems\' tab I also get the warning: "Error launching \'cygpath\' command.
Could you please check if Cygwin is installed correctly? cygpath is a cygwin application used to translate paths from the standard windows path to the cygwin path and viceversa.

On some windows machines that are using windows domains or other strange configurations I have also seen that cygwin does not write the registry with the pathname used during the installation. If that is your case, you\'ll have to change the mymake_cygwin.bat into the Evidence/bin directory
I installed the C30 compiler and the assembler into the Microchip directory and edited the folder names so that they contained no spaces. The gcc path set to c:\\Microchip\\MPLABC30
and the asm path c:\\Microchip\\MPLABASM30Suite
Ok... this should not be a problem. But you\'ll have to put the correct paths inside Window/Preferences/RT-Druid/Oil/dsPIC

Ciao,

PJ

sneally

Post by sneally » Tue May 05, 2009 5:26 pm

I am fairly positive that I have cygwin installed correctly, I installed it from the Evidence/FLEX installation CD. Is there a way to check if the cygpath command works correctly inside cygwin?

I followed the tutorial for RT Druid and creating the first demo program. Wherein I changed the mymake_bin to the following:

@set EE_BASH_PATH=C:\\cygwin\\bin\\bash
@%EE_BASH_PATH% -c \"/bin/bash --login -c \\\"cd `/bin/cygpath/ -ms \\\"$PWD\\\"`; make %1 %2 %3 %4\\\"\"

Regarding the gcc and asm, the path for the gcc and asm in the RT Druid-Oil tab are correct; without spaces as:

c:\\Microchip\\MPLABC30
c:\\Microchip\\MPLABASM30Suite

On a side note I am working on Windows Vista, could there be any other issues with compatibility?

Thanks,
-SNeally

sneally

Post by sneally » Tue May 05, 2009 5:40 pm

When I create a new RT-Druid Project there is a note at the top that reads:

\"The user have to create Altera system libraries manually.\"

What does this mean exactly?

paolo.gai
Administrator

Post by paolo.gai » Sun May 17, 2009 9:15 pm

This is valid if you are using the Nios II version of RT-Druid. maybe it is a note that remained in the PIC30 version. We\'ll see if it is still there and we\'ll remove it from the build...

Thanks!

PJ

paolo.gai
Administrator

Post by paolo.gai » Sun May 17, 2009 9:18 pm

Did you solved your problem in the meantime= Vista should not be a problem (I\'m compiling from Vista)...

where did you locate the workspace? be sure to locate it into your user directories... otherwise it is likely that the system will not have access to them...

Ciao,

PJ