RS232

Forum related to ERIKA Enterprise and RT-Druid version 2

Moderator: paolo.gai

bmfs

RS232

Post by bmfs » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:36 pm

I\'m using your example program of communication with FLEX board using RS232. Than I\'m using MPLAB IDE to program the board. What I want to know is, how can I check if the Board is doing what it\'s supposed? how can I see in my computer the produced results sent by my program?
thanks,
Bruno Santos

chris

Re:RS232

Post by chris » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:01 pm

Hello.
before replying your question I need some extra information.
What version of Erika are you currently using?
The example application you are talking about, is that in pic30-> Flex MultiBus Board->Serial Demo ? In this case, are you using the MultiBus board or the bare flex board?
Regards,
Christian.

paolo.gai
Administrator

Post by paolo.gai » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:24 pm

Just a few questions...
- are you able to debug the system from the MPLAB IDE?
- did you connected the FLEX to the PC using the RS232?
- did you connect the RS232 on the PC to hyperterminal or minicom or Putty to show the characters sent by the FLEX to the PC?

PJ

bmfs

Post by bmfs » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:20 pm

Yes, I\'m using that application ( pic30-> Flex MultiBus Board->Serial Demo ) and I\'m using MultiBus Board.
I\'m not abble to debug the system from MPLAB IDE, Because the MPLAB ICD 2 is in use as Programmer, so it can\'t be used as Debugger.
I connected the FLEX to the PC using RS232, and with hyperterminal. But when I run the program and try to connect with hyperterminal, the last one shows a message saying thar\'s impossible to connect to the respective COM because it\'s already in use...

BMFS

paolo.gai
Administrator

Post by paolo.gai » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:02 am

Yes, I\'m using that application ( pic30-> Flex MultiBus Board->Serial Demo ) and I\'m using MultiBus Board.
ok
I\'m not abble to debug the system from MPLAB IDE, Because the MPLAB ICD 2 is in use as Programmer, so it can\'t be used as Debugger.
If you want to use the ICD2 for debugging you should use it as a debugger. It is the Debug menu option near the programmer menu
I connected the FLEX to the PC using RS232, and with hyperterminal. But when I run the program and try to connect with hyperterminal, the last one shows a message saying thar\'s impossible to connect to the respective COM because it\'s already in use...
Check if there are other programs using the RS232. Check also you are using the right serial line. (This is not in general a problem related to the Flex... try finding some help in the Windows forums for that...)

Ciao,

Paolo