Implementation of QRS detector on Erika

Forum related to ERIKA Enterprise and RT-Druid version 2

Moderator: paolo.gai

bmfs

Implementation of QRS detector on Erika

Post by bmfs » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:50 pm

What I wish to do is input ECG samples to the dsPIC, using asynchconous serial port (maybe RS232) and the QRS detector (which is the main program) returned detection using the same serial port. (In order to test my detector with data from the MIT/BIH arrhythmia database).

The program have to receive 21 bytes. 10 samples of 2 bytes each after one byte of synchronization. how can I program this byte of synchronization?

thanks for your time

paolo.gai
Administrator

Re:Implementation of QRS detector on Erika

Post by paolo.gai » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:02 pm

Ciao,

As long as i understood, you need to get input from a serial line, and also make some output on the same serial line. If you look in the examples, you\'ll find that there is a serial demo, working with RS232. you can start from that demo to implement your serial communication...

Also, Nino and Christian are at the end of the development with a serial console. It will be released with the next ERIKA version.

you can use the example to see how serial characters can be sent and received. then to interpret the synchronization byte you\'ll probably have to implementa state machine...

PJ