Problem when building project

Forum related to ERIKA Enterprise and RT-Druid version 2

Moderator: paolo.gai

dark

Problem when building project

Post by dark » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:21 pm

Hi,
i have to work in RTDruid on a project made from another person.
He sent me a folder with code.c, conf.oil, compile.bat, build.xml, c2latex, and the subfolder /Debug with, amongst other files, the pic30.elf i have to program on my dspic. Note: this pic30.elf is 594KB.

I import this project in RTDruid. If i try to build it, all goes well, \"Build Succesfull\", but the pic30.elf i generate is only 234KB and doesn\'t work properly if programmed on chip with mplab.

I tryed to find differences from my /Debug folder and the one given from that person... i found that in my eecfg.c is missing this code:
#ifdef __ENABLE_THREAD__
EE_TYPESTATUS EE_th_enabled[EE_MAX_TASK] = {
};
#endif

I don\'t think is important but he had rtdruid v. 1.4.0_RC3 while i\'m working on v. 1.4.1.

Thank in advance for any answer :)

paolo.gai
Administrator

Re:Problem when building project

Post by paolo.gai » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:38 pm

Hi,

The only thing you need to build the application is the conf.oil and the code.c .

The Debug directory is generated on the fly by the OIL compiler integrated into Eclipse (or in the standalone version).

The difference in the size of the ELF depends on the compiler version... the code in there will be probably just a few kbytes, the rest are debug information.

Which compiler are you using?

Try to remove the Debug Directory and rebuild the project. If the executable does not work, please select the EE GCC compiler under the Window/Preferences, then RT-Druid/Oil/PIC30 Configurator options.

__ENABLE_THREAD__ was a non-documented feature which was introduced in past version of the code, which has been removed in 1.4.1. You can safely ignore it.

bye

PJ