Shared data on Multiple cores - Tricore TC275X

Forum related to ERIKA Enterprise and RT-Druid version 2

Moderator: paolo.gai

stmokotg

Shared data on Multiple cores - Tricore TC275X

Post by stmokotg » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:00 pm

Hello,

I am trying to store the global data (accessed by multiple cores) of my application in different RAM locations available on TC275X to analyse the memory access overhead during runtime.

I have used "#pragma section" directives to create an input section. When I looked for the global sections in the Erika linker description files. I could see 3 global sections "ee_mcglobalt", "ee_mcglobalc", "ee_mcglobald". As per comments provided the only section that can be used for global data is "ee_mcglobald" this will store the data in LMU and the other two sections "ee_mcglobalt", "ee_mcglobalc" are used only for sharing code symbols(this will go to PMI_PSPR), constant data (in DMI_DSPR) respectively.

I don't see any section that allows me to store global shared data in DMI_DSPR scratch pad RAM of any core, if I go with the description mentioned in comments. Could someone please let me know if I have to create a custom linker script to create the output section for global shared data on DMI_DSPR ? Please help me understand this.

Thanks in advance!
Regards,
Mohan

MatzeB.

Re: Shared data on Multiple cores - Tricore TC275X

Post by MatzeB. » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:53 pm

Hi Mohan,

I did this a few months ago. I think my quickfix was to replace

Code: Select all

} > LMU_SRAM
with

Code: Select all

} > DMI_DSPR
You can find the corresponding line in $RT-DRUID$/plugins/com.eu.evidence.ee_$YOUR_ERIKA_VERSION$/ee_files/pkg/mcu/infineon_common_tc2Yx/cfg/ee_tc2Yx_gnu_ram.ld.tmpl
With this proposed fix you link the values from ee_mcglobald to the core local scratchpad (of the corresponding core, which declares the global variable).

Regards
Matthias

MatzeB.

Re: Shared data on Multiple cores - Tricore TC275X

Post by MatzeB. » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:56 am

MatzeB. wrote: You can find the corresponding line in $RT-DRUID$/plugins/com.eu.evidence.ee_$YOUR_ERIKA_VERSION$/ee_files/pkg/mcu/infineon_common_tc2Yx/cfg/ee_tc2Yx_gnu_ram.ld.tmpl
In case of v2.8.0 the corresponding line is 549