Erika Enterprise3 Contributor

Forum related to ERIKA Enterprise and RT-Druid version 2

Moderator: paolo.gai

WooHyuk

Erika Enterprise3 Contributor

Post by WooHyuk » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:51 am

Hi, I'm Grey from South Korea.

First of all, I really appreciate Evidence for giving me a best opportunity to study well-designed RTOS.

I've studied ERIKA ENTERPRISE since last year and I also developed Hierarchical Scheduler on ERIKA ENTERPRISE old version.

I'm very surprised at ERIKA kernel because it supports various kinds of MCU and it works well.

After I had a project using ERIKA ENTERPRISE last year, I really want to contribute to ERIKA ENTERPRISE.

How can I become a contributor anyway? Please let me know the way.

Also, Is there any plane to migrate all the sources of ERIKA ENTERPRISE from SVN to Github? Are there any special reasons for using SVN as a version control system?

Thanks

- Grey Jeong -

paolo.gai
Administrator

Re: Erika Enterprise3 Contributor

Post by paolo.gai » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:47 am

Dear Grey,

Thanks for your e-mail, and welcome to this community!

As for the choice of SVN: It came out a longtime ago, and we never ported it to git yet. ERIKA3 will be on git, likely hosted on GitHub.

About the contributions: for ERIKA 2 we accept contributions as long as they come with the right license (in this case GPL2+Linking exception). For the first contributions, we require you to send us the code, just to look at it before committing it. If everything is ok then you'll have to create a Tuxfamily account, and we'll give you access to the SVN. Then I guess it would be nice to have something described on the wiki as well...

As for ERIKA 3 contributions: the current timeline is that we will release a first version as part of the P-SOCRATES Project around end of September. It will include the new context change, packaging, and so on. After that we'll start on the other architectures...

Thanks again!

PJ