Using ERIKA with AURIX TC29x

Forum related to ERIKA Enterprise and RT-Druid version 2

Moderator: paolo.gai

AlTi

Using ERIKA with AURIX TC29x

Post by AlTi » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:09 am

Hi,

I will get a new board with an TC29x soon and I´m questioning whether a migration of the application from the tc27x to the tc29x will work out, since there is no official support for the tc29x.

I looked into the folder "mcu" and recognized two folders related to the TriCore:
-infineon_common_tc2Yx
-infineon_tc27x
I couldn´t find any reference in ERIKA to the folder infineon_tc27x and therefore I think it´s useless at the moment?

infineon_common_tc2Yx officially works for tc26x and tc27x and I think, most likely for tc29x as well, because
a) tc29x has a higher cpu frequency, but this can be adjusted in the OIL-File.
b) tc29x has more RAM and Flash but the memory map should be compatible with tc27x.
c) same core architecture
d) the important peripherals for ERIKA (STM and Interrupts) are also available on the tc29x

My point of view is currently, that no changes are needed in the "mcu"-folder for the migration unless I want to use the bigger memory. Do you see any problems/concerns with the migration?

Best Regards,
Alex

adakic

Re: Using ERIKA with AURIX TC29x

Post by adakic » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:20 pm

Hi Alex,

Can you share information about your progress on this porting?

Best Regards,
Aleksandar.

paolo.gai
Administrator

Post by paolo.gai » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:34 pm

Dear Aleksandar,

We in Evidence developed a porting for the TC29x, but for customer reasons we did not release it publicly on the SVN.

If interested in commercial support for the micro please contact us directly, we may give help.

Ciao,

PJ

KL007

Post by KL007 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:41 am

Hi!

I have also tried to port ERIKA for the TC29x, but when I try to compile RT-DRUID according to the steps of the tutorial (http://erika.tuxfamily.org/wiki/index.p ... id_plugins) I always get a lot of errors that something is missing.
Is there a step by step tutorial available for the porting of a new controller or the compiling of RT-DRUID?

Many thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Davor