Audio on STM32F4_DISCOVERY

Forum related to ERIKA Enterprise and RT-Druid version 2

Moderator: paolo.gai

m.daddi

Audio on STM32F4_DISCOVERY

Post by m.daddi » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:38 pm

Hello everyone,
I've seen that Erika seems to support the audio features of the STM32F4 Discovery board indeed:
-for the library "STM32F4_DISCOVERY" it is possible to set the option "USEAUDIO = TRUE;" in the oil config file
-and in the folder "Erika_SVN/contrib/st/STM32F4-Discovery" there are the files "inc/stm32f4_discovery_audio_codec.h" and "src/stm32f4_discovery_audio_codec.c"

I've tried to follow the instructions written in "stm32f4_discovery_audio_codec.c" to playout some sound but I didn't succeed... Does anyone have some code examples? I'm interested both in sound playback and sound acquisition from the microphone.

Thanks in advance!

m.daddi

Re: Audio on STM32F4_DISCOVERY

Post by m.daddi » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:49 am

I think I've found how to playback audio, now I'm working on "reading" from the microphone...
Maybe, if someone is interested I will post my results (not early because I'm having an hard-working time)
bye

P.S.
Advices and hints for using the microphone are still welcoma! ;-)

paolo.gai
Administrator

Post by paolo.gai » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:15 pm

Good! If you want to publish a demo we'll be happy to host it as a standard example in ERIKA.

When done just contact us again we'll see how to commit it.

Ciao,

PJ

m.daddi

Post by m.daddi » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:40 am

...I forgot to reply to this thread... but I've managed how to record from the integrated mic on the Discovery...
(in 2 different ways, one hackish way importing an external lib -So I've also managed how to include external binary lib that can't get included using the standard, documented, process- and a more clear way using an open source library)
Now I'm working on capturing 2 pdm mics at the same time (rising/falling edge, same clock).

When I'll finish I'll be happy to share my work but, I'll do it after finished and after my University's exames!

Bye

paolo.gai
Administrator

Post by paolo.gai » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:47 am

Thanks for the update!

Note that we will be happy to accept a demo in the repository, but only if it contains only open source code...

PJ