Maximum number of priorities

Forum related to ERIKA Enterprise and RT-Druid version 2

Moderator: paolo.gai

Kaltzi

Maximum number of priorities

Post by Kaltzi » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:41 am

Hy together,

at the moment I work with an Infineon Aurix Multicore Board, Erika, and Hightec-Compiler. I tried to build a larger program generated from TImingArchitect and got the following error

ERROR > Some errors : Not valid priority (Max 16 distinct priorities)
Priority : 0x10000

Is it possible to increase the maximum number of of possible priorities? I couldn't find a config variable or something similar.

Thanks for any help.

Best regards,
Tim

paolo.gai
Administrator

Re: Maximum number of priorities

Post by paolo.gai » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:46 am

are you using BCC2 or ECC2? in that case you have only 16 priorities, because the algorithm is a O(1) flash lookup table. if you try ECC1 or BCC1 it may be (depending on the architecture) that it supports up to 32 priorities.

PJ

Kaltzi

Post by Kaltzi » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:24 am

I am using ECC1. All configurations except BCC2 (8 priorities) allow 16 distinct priorities.

So there is no other possibility to change the maximum number of priorities except changing the KERNEL_TYPE? FreeRTOS has an own variable to change that (http://www.freertos.org/RTOS-task-priority.html), thats the reason I am asking.

Tim

paolo.gai
Administrator

Post by paolo.gai » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:34 am

Yes and no.

- priorities are mapped to bitfields
- the size of the bitfield depends on the architecture. Typically at least 16 priorities.
- I would expect that the priority type in AURIX would be 32 bits, which means 32 priorities in BCC1 and ECC1. if that is the case, it is only a matter of changing the check in RT-Druid...

We probably can take a look at this in two weeks (we are currently busy with a few deadlines).

Pj

Kaltzi

Post by Kaltzi » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:59 pm

That would be amazing if you could fix this. Thanks alot.

Tim