OSEK OS Specification Version

Forum related to ERIKA Enterprise and RT-Druid version 2

Moderator: paolo.gai

hemal.bavishi@AVIN

OSEK OS Specification Version

Post by hemal.bavishi@AVIN » Fri May 15, 2015 2:44 pm

Hello,

I am going through the test application of OS developed by Erika. To my knowledge, StartOS(One of the reason why return value of the StartOS call is void) call never returns but the way the test applications are designed, it's expecting the StartOS to return and then it start executing the test steps. I am just wondering whether it's a correct behaviour.

StartOS(OSDEFAULTAPPMODE);
ActivateTask(Task1);

/* Background activities, none in this demo! */
for (;;);

return 0;

It would be great if you can clarify this.

Best Regards,
Hemal Bavishi

paolo.gai
Administrator

Re: OSEK OS Specification Version

Post by paolo.gai » Tue May 19, 2015 2:46 pm

The OSEK/VDX specification does not say whether StartOS terminates or not.

The choice initially taken by ERIKA was to return, in this way to have the possibility to do some idle work there.

AUTOSAR OS on the other hand says that StartOS never returns.

Now the default behavior is set in a way that StartOS does NOT return. But for backward compatibility the old behavior is still available by using the option:

EE_OPT = "__OO_STARTOS_OLD__";

I hope this helps.

PJ

hemal.bavishi@AVIN

Post by hemal.bavishi@AVIN » Wed May 20, 2015 2:41 pm

Hello,

Thanks for your response. But the test application still has the older behaviour(OSEK). Is it possible to change the behaviour of test application to conform to AUTOSAR OS requirements?

Moreover, I found that ActivateTask is called in the StartupHook(e.g.\trunk\ee\testcase\oo5\code.c) to test OS functionality in some of the test application. IMHO, this is not allowed as per OSEK OS Version 2.2.3.

Do you have tracebility matrix which provides the analysis of AUTOSAR/OSEK requirements that are mapped to ERIKA test cases? Is it possible to share it?

Best Regards,
Hemal Bavishi

paolo.gai
Administrator

Post by paolo.gai » Thu May 21, 2015 7:33 am

hemal.bavishi@AVIN wrote: Thanks for your response. But the test application still has the older behaviour(OSEK). Is it possible to change the behaviour of test application to conform to AUTOSAR OS requirements?
Sure, please do that, the code is open-source! If you modify some of the code and you want to share them back, we'll commit the results or add new examples/tests.
hemal.bavishi@AVIN wrote: Moreover, I found that ActivateTask is called in the StartupHook(e.g.\trunk\ee\testcase\oo5\code.c) to test OS functionality in some of the test application. IMHO, this is not allowed as per OSEK OS Version 2.2.3.
The testcase published are a re-implementation of the public MODISTARC tests that I did in 2004 (The certification of the kernel is done on another testsuite that is not published).
hemal.bavishi@AVIN wrote: Do you have tracebility matrix which provides the analysis of AUTOSAR/OSEK requirements that are mapped to ERIKA test cases? Is it possible to share it?
I tried to closely implement the MODISTARC tests... you can find the testplan online, which refer to a really old version of OSEK/VDX. The real tests are another thing.

Just curious, do you need to improve the public tests of ERIKA? Which is your current application?

PJ

hemal.bavishi@AVIN

Post by hemal.bavishi@AVIN » Thu May 21, 2015 10:05 am

Hello Paolo,

Before using Erika OS, I would like to check whether Erika OS meets all the AUTOSAR/OSEK Requirements as indicated. It makes no sense atleast for me to re-develop the test application conforming to AUTOSAR/OSEK OS(Version 2.2.3) requirements if it has already been done but not shared.

Best Regards,
Hemal Bavishi

paolo.gai
Administrator

Post by paolo.gai » Thu May 21, 2015 1:40 pm

The osek certification documents are available on the wiki, we put a scan of the certificates. The link is:

http://erika.tuxfamily.org/wiki/index.p ... ifications

The test suite cannot be shared publicly, because it is not open-source software. Please check the following link:

http://portal.osek-vdx.org/index.php?op ... 5&Itemid=8

which also lists ERIKA as one of the certified OS (see CB 4.5).

Please note that some architectures are not yet shared, but are provided as separate service by Evidence. We also provide OSEK/VDX qualification services when needed. If you want we can organize a conference call about this.

Btw, what is the current RTOS you are using?

PJ

hemal.bavishi@AVIN

Post by hemal.bavishi@AVIN » Thu May 21, 2015 2:29 pm

Hello Paolo,

Thanks for your prompt response. I understand that you provide service to testify the conformance to OSEK standard. However, I am not exactly looking for conformance to OSEK Standard but I wanted to check whether Os developed by Erika meets all AUTOSAR/OSEK requirements. This is required for functional safety purpose. Ofcourse, current OS as it's may not meet safety requirement and I need to make quite a lot changes into that but before using it for further development, I wanted to test and check whether I can use current Os as base or not.

Best Regards,
Hemal Bavishi

paolo.gai
Administrator

Post by paolo.gai » Thu May 21, 2015 3:25 pm

I understand... let us know if we can be somehow help you in this. Unfortunately the test suite of the OSEK/VDX standard is not distributable to third parties. But you can buy it directly (the OSEK/VDX website gives information on how to buy it).

On which project are you currently planning to use ERIKA?

PJ