Aurix Tricore message communication

Forum related to ERIKA Enterprise and RT-Druid version 2

Moderator: paolo.gai

acornagl

Aurix Tricore message communication

Post by acornagl » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:49 am

Hi all,
I'm going to develop an application for Aurix Tricore TC277 that requires message communication between cores but I'm new to this.

I already read the 'OSEK Communication Specification' and the 'ERIKA Enterprise OSEK COM Manual' but I have some difficulty when I try to implement a simple application, in particular on editing the application's OIL file.
I would like to know if there is any example that can clarify my doubts or that can serve me as a starting point.

Thanks for the precious support.

paolo.gai
Administrator

Re: Aurix Tricore message communication

Post by paolo.gai » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:15 am

Hi!

There is a demo in pic30/FLEX Demo Board/OO examples/OSEK COM Demo .

Moreover, there are two demos in the SVN (not published on the templates list) under examples/cortex_mx/lpc12xx/com_ccca_demo and examples/cortex_mx/lpc12xx/com_ccca_demo .

Note that these demos are single core. We also developed a prototype IOC layer for the Tricore and the PPC architectures. The code is in the repository.

Ciao,

PJ

acornagl

Post by acornagl » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:38 pm

Thanks for the suggestion.

I have two more questions:
1) I had glanced to Erika source, in 'com' directory content, and I recognized the parts that are described in the OSEK standard. What I didn't understand is: does Erika support the OSEK multi-core message communication? I have not been able to identify a shared memory space where the I-PDU can be accessible to all the cores.
2) In the case I choose to use the IOC module, do I need an AUTOSAR application?

Best regards.

paolo.gai
Administrator

Post by paolo.gai » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:54 pm

What we have currently is OSEK COM CCCA and CCCB. CCC0 and CCC1 were implemented but de facto at the time we implemented them we did not have a hardware to test with (it was 2004, the testing was done on a C167).

The CCCA and CCCB then were "put in good shape" for the OSEK Certification. But we do not have the IPDU and multicore messaging yet.

IOC also have to be configured by hand.

Regards,

PJ