Any dual-core boards are supported?

Forum related to ERIKA Enterprise and RT-Druid version 2

Moderator: paolo.gai

ffddybz

Any dual-core boards are supported?

Post by ffddybz » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:15 am

I really want to know whether the ERIKA Enterprise support dual-core board except for NIOS-II. Any plans to support the open-hardware board like beaglebone black,cubieboard and Raspberry Pi.

paolo.gai
Administrator

Re: Any dual-core boards are supported?

Post by paolo.gai » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:21 am

Hi!

We support various multicore boards, mainly for automotive, based on PPC (Leopard, Fado, ...) and Tricore (AURIX).

We also just released support for Xen with ERIKA as a DomU, with the Cubieboard.

I'm filling some documentation in the wiki these days (still incomplete due to lack of time). A complete pre-installed development environment where the instructions can be applied is already available on the virtual machines released at http://www.erika-enterprise.com ...

I hope this helps...

PJ

ffddybz

Post by ffddybz » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:15 am

Is the real-time property still guaranteed when Erika runs as guest OS in Xen?

paolo.gai
Administrator

Post by paolo.gai » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:09 am

In our case each domain is statically linked to a CPU. That is, one CPU for Linux, one for ERIKA.

If you do not count the overhead of cache/contention on the bus, then the implementation should be reasonably predictable.

Please note that the current implementation is not supporting all the features of ERIKA, and that ERIKA is a domain domU. Additional work is needed to make it dom0 and to completely support ERIKA. We are currently looking for partners willing to fund the rest of the implementation...

PJ

yuanbin

Post by yuanbin » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:20 am

Hi!
It seems that more and more AMP system are coming out especially the ARM cortex-M serial.Like LPC4357,it contains the cortex-M4 and cortex-M0 processor on one chip.
I am more familiar with the ARM serial processor but the cortex-A SMP system are more fit to Linux and Android or Linux+RTOS.
So What I am concerned is that whether the ERIKA Enterprise will or have already support the AMP system, and will it easy to port to other hardware?

yuanbin

paolo.gai
Administrator

Post by paolo.gai » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:30 pm

I agree cortex-a is more suited for Linux, but there are various system thinking to use these multicores with multi-os configurations.

About porting it to AMP hardware, it is for sure possible... We'll probably support Vybrid or SoloX in the future, but no development has started yet.

PJ