Erika on MPC5643L with Hightec compiler on Windows

Forum related to ERIKA Enterprise and RT-Druid version 2

Moderator: paolo.gai

Andrea

Erika on MPC5643L with Hightec compiler on Windows

Post by Andrea » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:09 pm

Hi all,

I am trying to use Erika on MPC5643L with Hightec compiler on Windows.
I started with the following wiki from Erika's website: "Freescale PPC e200 (MPC 56xx) support", http://erika.tuxfamily.org/wiki/index.p ... (MPC_56xx)

In this wiki, you mention that Hightec compiler is only supported in Linux (for MPC 56xx), but at the end of the ppc_gnu.mk makefile I found you are using the path translation for windows (cygwin), but no command for Linux. Therefore it seems that this makefile is for windows and not for Linux (as written in the above wiki).

After building and compiling the project for MPC5643L in windows, there is one error "Unsupported PPC Model!", then I looked into the ppc_gnu.mk makefile again, I saw that the only MCU supported is MPC5674F, while in the above wiki the supported MCUs include the MPC5643L.

Anyhow I tried to build for the MPC5674F, but there were some assembly errors:
" C:\eclipse\EE\pkg\cpu\e200zx\src\ee_ivor.S:106: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `se_b'
C:\eclipse\EE\pkg\cpu\e200zx\src\ee_ivor.S:115: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `e_add16i'
C:\eclipse\EE\pkg\cpu\e200zx\src\ee_ivor.S:115: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `e_stw'
C:\eclipse\EE\pkg\cpu\e200zx\src\ee_ivor.S:115: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `se_mflr'
C:\eclipse\EE\pkg\cpu\e200zx\src\ee_ivor.S:115: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `e_b'
Etc."

Therefore, I would like to ask some questions regarding the procedure.

Considering that my final objective is to use "Erika on MPC5643L with Hightec compiler on Windows":
1. Can you confirm "MPC5643L is supported with Hightec on Linux" as stated in the wiki?
2. Is Hightec compiler supported on Windows (as I could see the cygwin path translations in the makefile)?
3. Is Hightec compiler supported with MPC5643L as stated in the wiki?
4. How should I solve these compilation errors for the assembly code?

Thank you in advance.

Andrea

outlawch

Re: Erika on MPC5643L with Hightec compiler on Windows

Post by outlawch » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:08 pm

Hi Andrea,
I'm sorry to announce to you that the HighTec Compiler Toolchain support for MPC5643L is currently not yet realeased.

From Erika Enterprise Wiki Page: http://erika.tuxfamily.org/wiki/index.p ... 29#HighTec
NOTE: Currently, HIGHTEC compiler supports VLE mode only. It was tested on ST SPC574K (K2) only. HighTec compiler support is NOT publicly released. If interested please contact us at info@evidence.eu.com
Erika Enterprise Release 2.4.0 supports Freescale Codewarrior Compiler Toolchain ONLY for MPC5643L.

Regards,
Giuseppe.

Andrea

Post by Andrea » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:08 pm

Hi Giuseppe,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm currently interested in doing the missing work in order to compile Erika with Hightec for MPC5643L on Windows.

Actually, there are some difficulties I encountered to do so. Could you help me to solve them?

1. First of all, I would like to ask if the makefile "ppc_gnu.mk" released with Erika Enterprise Release 2.4.0 could be used by Hightec compiler on Windows or not?
Because I found the path translation for windows written in the makefile, however the wiki confirms that Hightec is supported only on Linux now.

2.I made some new configurations in the makefile in oder to compile MPC5643L, there are some errors like:"
C:\eclipse\EE\pkg\mcu\freescale_mpc5643l\src\ee_boot.S:54: Error: unrecognized external symbol type "ee_sdata" must be STT_OBJECT/STT_FUNC
/cygdrive/c/eclipse/EE/pkg/cfg/arch/rules_ppc_generic.mk:378: recipe for target 'obj/pkg/mcu/freescale_mpc5643l/src/ee_boot.o' failed
C:\eclipse\EE\pkg\mcu\freescale_mpc5643l\src\ee_boot.S:55: Error: unrecognized external symbol type "EE_e200zx_mmu_num_entries" must be STT_OBJECT/STT_FUNC
C:\eclipse\EE\pkg\mcu\freescale_mpc5643l\src\ee_boot.S:56: Error: unrecognized external symbol type "ee_esbss2" must be STT_OBJECT/STT_FUNC …"

Therefore how should I do to solve these errors?

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Andrea

Andrea

Post by Andrea » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:33 pm

Hi all,

I solved the second problem,
C:\eclipse\EE\pkg\mcu\freescale_mpc5643l\src\ee_boot.S:54: Error: unrecognized external symbol type "ee_sdata" must be STT_OBJECT/STT_FUNC
/cygdrive/c/eclipse/EE/pkg/cfg/arch/rules_ppc_generic.mk:378: recipe for target 'obj/pkg/mcu/freescale_mpc5643l/src/ee_boot.o' failed
C:\eclipse\EE\pkg\mcu\freescale_mpc5643l\src\ee_boot.S:55: Error: unrecognized external symbol type "EE_e200zx_mmu_num_entries" must be STT_OBJECT/STT_FUNC
C:\eclipse\EE\pkg\mcu\freescale_mpc5643l\src\ee_boot.S:56: Error: unrecognized external symbol type "ee_esbss2" must be STT_OBJECT/STT_FUNC …"
by changing some configurations in the Erika files.

Now, I am facing the same problem as the first question using Hightec with MPC5643L on windows:
C:\eclipse\EE\pkg\cpu\e200zx\src\ee_ivor.S:106: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `se_b'
C:\eclipse\EE\pkg\cpu\e200zx\src\ee_ivor.S:115: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `e_add16i'
C:\eclipse\EE\pkg\cpu\e200zx\src\ee_ivor.S:115: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `e_stw'
C:\eclipse\EE\pkg\cpu\e200zx\src\ee_ivor.S:115: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `se_mflr'
C:\eclipse\EE\pkg\cpu\e200zx\src\ee_ivor.S:115: Error: Unrecognized opcode: `e_b'
Are these errors caused by the changing from CodeWarrior compiler to Hightec compiler? I could not find any Hightec reference manual.

Therefore how should I solve this?

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,
Andrea