Can´t compile dual core example for MPC5668G

Forum related to ERIKA Enterprise and RT-Druid version 2

Moderator: paolo.gai

SimonT

Can´t compile dual core example for MPC5668G

Post by SimonT » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:01 pm

Hello,

I downloaded the dual core example erika_erikae-mono_EEtest01.tar from the svn and tried to compile it with an untouched version of the eclipse/erika bundle from your download-area. The compilation fails with:

Code: Select all

21:53:31 **** Incremental Build of configuration Default for project Multicore ****
"C:\\Users\\tap\\workspacex\\Multicore\\Debug\\make_launcher.bat" all 
C:\Temp\Cygwin\bin\bash found!
Using erika files in /cygdrive/d/ECLIPS~3/plugins/COB06B~1.201/ee_files
make -C master ELFNAME=myProject_master.elf CPU_NUMID=0 GLOBAL_LINKSCRIPT=../shared_sym.ld all
make[1]: Entering directory '/cygdrive/c/Users/tap/workspacex/Multicore/Debug/master'
CC    ee_boot_asm.c
/bin/sh: /PowerPC_EABI_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwcceppc: No such file or directory
/cygdrive/d/ECLIPS~3/plugins/COB06B~1.201/ee_files/pkg/cfg/arch/rules_ppc_generic.mk:362: recipe for target 'obj/obj/pkg/mcu/freescale_mpc5668/src/ee_boot_asm.o' failed
make[1]: Leaving directory '/cygdrive/c/Users/tap/workspacex/Multicore/Debug/master'
/cygdrive/d/ECLIPS~3/plugins/COB06B~1.201/ee_files/pkg/cfg/arch/rules_ppc_multi_base.mk:70: recipe for target 'CPU_MASTER-all' failed
make[1]: *** [obj/obj/pkg/mcu/freescale_mpc5668/src/ee_boot_asm.o] Error 127
make: *** [CPU_MASTER-all] Error 2

21:53:32 Build Finished (took 1s.404ms)
After I did some investigation on this, I came to the conclusion that the path of the compiler is not set correctly. The following line is missing in the three makefiles and common.mk:

$(eval $(call check_and_set_cygwin_compiler_path,PPC_CW_BASEDIR,C:/FREESC~1/CWFORM~1.10/))
The compilation is working if I compile in a singlecore configuration for the MPC5668G. Can you confirm that this is a bug?

Regards
Simon

nicola.serreli

Re: Can´t compile dual core example for MPC5668G

Post by nicola.serreli » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:10 pm

Hi Simon,

it's true that the definition of the compiler path is missing.
99% it is a bug. Thanks :)

ps : if I undestrand correctly, you are tring to work with ee\examples\ppc\dual_examples\mono_EEtest01. The oil file does not specify the compiler type, so the default one is diab. This means that the compiler variable is PPC_DIAB_BASEDIR.
If you need the codewarrior compier, add

COMPILER_TYPE = CODEWARRIOR;
inside each CPU_DATA sections.

Best regards,
Nicola

SimonT

Post by SimonT » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:30 am

Hi Nicola,

thanks for your fast response. You are right, I use ee\examples\ppc\dual_examples\mono_EEtest01. If I try to specify the compiler as recommended by you I get a syntax error in the oil-file. I can still build the project but the problem stays the same.
Unbenannt.jpg
Unbenannt.jpg (38.18 KiB) Viewed 2466 times
Regards
Simon

nicola.serreli

Post by nicola.serreli » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:04 am

Hi Simon,

we fix the bug (few changes in both RT-Druid and Erika).
I'm running all regression test and, as soon everything is fine, I'll upload the new build.

Regarding the line "COMPILER_TYPE" ... I'm working with the RT-Druid sources "HEAD" and I assumed that it was available also in the current uploaded nightly build.

Best regards,
Nicola

SimonT

Post by SimonT » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:13 am

Hi Nicola,

thanks a lot!

Regards
Simon

nicola.serreli

Post by nicola.serreli » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:08 am

Hi Simon,

you can find the new build on the web. As ever, the reference page is http://erika.tuxfamily.org/drupal/download.html.

best regards,
Nicola