Modifying an RT-Plugin

Forum related to ERIKA Enterprise and RT-Druid version 2

Moderator: paolo.gai

SimonT

Modifying an RT-Plugin

Post by SimonT » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:29 pm

Hello,

I am currently modifying the plugin plugin_rtd_oil_ppc_core because I am porting erika to the MPC5675K. My problem is that I can´t compile the plugin. After I downloaded the source code from the svn I imported it to eclipse. I configured ANT as the builder and all operations seem to work but the java files are not passed to the javac compiler. Can someone tell me what steps I have to take to compile a plugin?

Regards
Simon

nicola.serreli

Re: Modifying an RT-Plugin

Post by nicola.serreli » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:51 pm

Hi Simon,

the easiest way to compile a RT-Druid plugin is to use the website project provided with RT-Druid sources: open the site.xml file with the Eclipse Site Manifest Editor and then build what you need.
Note that the "minimal build unit" is the feature (that may include more than one plugin).

Build the project from command line using ant is a little more complex.
You can use your own scripts, or ask eclipse to generate standard scripts (right click on plugin.xml file, select "Plug-in Tools" and the "Create Ant Build File"), or use the scripts that you can find with RT-Druid.
Note that you have to use the ant installation provided with eclipse, otherwise it may not be able to use eclipse-extensions.
Moreover, RT-Druid classes depends on eclipse libraries, so you have to ensure that the ant script is able to find them.
The tool_build_script project contains the build.xml file that I use to perform a full build of RT-Druid plugins.

By the way, did you follow the tutorial at http://erika.tuxfamily.org/wiki/index.p ... id_plugins to set ANT_HOME and MEM_OUTPUT_LOCATION ?

Best regards,
Nicola

SimonT

Re: Modifying an RT-Plugin

Post by SimonT » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:03 pm

Hi Nicola,

thank you for your help. Now it is working!

Regards
Simon