Problems about run RT-druid plugin on eclipse

Forum related to ERIKA Enterprise and RT-Druid version 2

Moderator: paolo.gai

Andrea

Problems about run RT-druid plugin on eclipse

Post by Andrea » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:07 pm

Hi all,

I was trying to run a MPC56 RT-Druid project on a eclipse BUT without RT-Druid plugin. The article I followed is " Tutorial: Develop RT-Druid plugins".

After importing the project, I built it and found there was problem when compiling the conf.oil file. Because I changed the command "Task Task2{}" to " Ta00sk Task2{}" in the conf.oil file. However, there was no error appearing in the "Problems" window. Therefore I am thinking the conf.oil is not complied at all.

In this case, what configuration I was missing? Thank you in advance.

Ciao

nicola.serreli

Re: Problems about run RT-druid plugin on eclipse

Post by nicola.serreli » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:43 pm

Hi,

the article "Tutorial: Develop RT-Druid plugins" tries to explain how start to develop new plugins for RT-Druid (or improve existing plugins). This means that the (usual) goal is to write something in java.
Then, if you want to see your work in action, you have to run a new eclipse application with the new plugins installed.

Note that eclipse is able to understand and "compile" the conf.oil file in a RT-Druid project only if RT-Druid is installed.

So, if you want to develop something new in RT-Druid, you should "run/debug" a new eclipse application from the eclipse "Run" menu.
If you do not want to develop some RT-Druid plugin but just "use" RT-Druid, download one of eclipse-RT-Druid zip that you can find in http://erika.tuxfamily.org/drupal/download.html (or update your existing installation of eclipse, following the tutorial http://erika.tuxfamily.org/wiki/index.p ... d_RT-Druid ).

I hope this can be useful.
kind regards,
Nicola

Andrea

Post by Andrea » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:03 am

nicola.serreli wrote:Hi,

the article "Tutorial: Develop RT-Druid plugins" tries to explain how start to develop new plugins for RT-Druid (or improve existing plugins). This means that the (usual) goal is to write something in java.
Then, if you want to see your work in action, you have to run a new eclipse application with the new plugins installed.

Note that eclipse is able to understand and "compile" the conf.oil file in a RT-Druid project only if RT-Druid is installed.

So, if you want to develop something new in RT-Druid, you should "run/debug" a new eclipse application from the eclipse "Run" menu.
If you do not want to develop some RT-Druid plugin but just "use" RT-Druid, download one of eclipse-RT-Druid zip that you can find in http://erika.tuxfamily.org/drupal/download.html (or update your existing installation of eclipse, following the tutorial http://erika.tuxfamily.org/wiki/index.p ... d_RT-Druid ).
Thank you for your reply.

This morning I just tried to move the RT-Druid project which was built in eclipse juno into a eclipse version without RT-Druid plugin. It could compile in it.

However the oil file was still not compiled. I checked the "Builder" index in eclipse, and the first line showed that " Missing builder (com.eu.evidence.rtdruid.oil.cdt.ui.oil_builder). Therefore I moved the missing builder from eclipse juno to my eclipse, this problem still existed.

So I would like to ask the only way to solve this problem is to install a RT-Druid plugin in eclipse? Thank you in advance.

nicola.serreli

Post by nicola.serreli » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:08 pm

Hi,

If you create an RT-Druid project (and this means that you have an installation of eclipse with RT-Druid plugins) then you are creating a project with both the C/C++ nature and the RT-Druid nature.
The first one requires CDT plugins to both handle properties and to compile all c files.
The second one requires RT-Druid plugin to generate all required c files from the content of oil files.

So, if you move an RT-Druid project, it knows that it should run the RT-Druid oil builder (the full ID is com.eu.evidence.rtdruid.oil.cdt.ui.oil_builder) and searches it in you eclipse installation.
Then if you do not have RT-Druid installed, clearly it cannot find it.

now ... how solve the problem?
first solution: install RT-Druid and use the "default" RT-Druid project.

but, you remark that you have an eclipse installation there RT-Druid is not installed, so I suppose that you do not want to install it (or you cannot).

Here is the second solution: use an "external" RT-Druid.
This is a little more complex, but it works (if correctly configured).
First you need to install somewhere RT-Druid. If you do not need the graphical interface, you can download the "command line version" (the smallest is just few MByte).
Then run eclipse and create your eclipse project (it can be any kind of eclipse project) and then add a "custom" builder to it:
* Open the gui with all project's properties and select "builders".
* Press "new" and select "Program". Using the provided GUI you can call an external program, i.e. RT-Druid script files (.bat or .sh depending on your Operative System).

Here you can find some hints about RT-Druid scripts: http://erika.tuxfamily.org/wiki/index.p ... mmand_Line

Pay attention with file paths: if you use full paths, you may not be able to move your project to another computer (or share it with your colleague/friends).
You can use eclipse variables to get full paths of eclipse installation and workspace items.

A variant of the second solution is to use "external tools" instead of project builder. This means that the execution of RT-Druid is not more related to the project's build.

best regards,
Nicola

Andrea

Post by Andrea » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:37 pm

nicola.serreli wrote:Hi,

If you create an RT-Druid project (and this means that you have an installation of eclipse with RT-Druid plugins) then you are creating a project with both the C/C++ nature and the RT-Druid nature.
The first one requires CDT plugins to both handle properties and to compile all c files.
The second one requires RT-Druid plugin to generate all required c files from the content of oil files.
Thank you very much. Finally I solved it because I installed the rt-druid oil builder, and it worked.