Strange errors when run debug on stm32f4

Forum related to ERIKA Enterprise and RT-Druid version 2

Moderator: paolo.gai

Andrea

Strange errors when run debug on stm32f4

Post by Andrea » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:21 pm

Hi, everyone.

I successfully built and debugged one stm32f4 GPIO template in eclipse. Everything was ok but when I tried to stop debugging, there were 32 semantic errors!

Something like:
" Field 'GPIO_Mode' could not be resolved"
" Field 'GPIO_OType' could not be resolved"
" Field 'GPIO_Pin' could not be resolved"
" Field 'GPIO_Speed' could not be resolved"
... ... ...

However, this project can still be run on my device successfully with these problems when I resumed the debug, the LEDs blinked again!

I find the file" stm32f4xx.h" exists under the code.c in my project tree. So I don't understand why these errors happen.

Thank you in advance.

paolo.gai
Administrator

Re: Strange errors when run debug on stm32f4

Post by paolo.gai » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:31 am

I do not have the debugger with me, but it could be that the debugger is trying to resolve constants, variables, ... that for some reason got optimized away by the compiler because not used, or because they simply have been put inline.

Ciao,

Paolo

Andrea

Re: Strange errors when run debug on stm32f4

Post by Andrea » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:19 am

Ciao Paolo,

Many thanks for your reply.

Yestoday I attemped to put "stm32f4xx.h" under the related project workspace, which includes the code.c file, the errors were reduced to 24 instead of 32. Somehow It worked! I was hopeful when I was trying to put other files like "stm32f4xx_hal_tim" "stm32f4xx_it" and etc. in the workspace. However, it didnt work, the errors remained at 24.

Therefore I dont know if there is any further problem when I run programs without resolving these errors, despite the LEDs worked already.