Adding new MCU-Modell to RT-Druid

Forum related to ERIKA Enterprise and RT-Druid version 2

Moderator: paolo.gai

SimonT

Adding new MCU-Modell to RT-Druid

Post by SimonT » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:22 pm

Hello,

I am working on a port to the MPC5675K. The port is working in a single core configuration but I would like to set the mcu_model to MPC5675K (currently I use MPC5643L and an xslt transformation). How can I add the new mcu to the mcu_modell enumeration?

Regards
Simon

nicola.serreli

Re: Adding new MCU-Modell to RT-Druid

Post by nicola.serreli » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:44 pm

Dear Simon,

Elements for mcu_model enumeration are computed from oil files. So, if you want to add a new one, you have to add a new oil file with the new enumerator.
Here you can find an exempla about how "define" the enumerator in the current ppc oil file: http://svn.tuxfamily.org/viewvc.cgi/eri ... iew=markup

Note that, at this moment, RT-Druid searches additional oil files only on plugins.
Than you have to create a new plugin (where you can place also the xslt file) and place it in the "eclipse/dropins" folder.

Another way is to use no additional plugins and write a "full" oil file, that contains both implementation and application sections:

IMPLEMENTATION ee {
... (see the the content of the "Active Oil Implementation" view)
... ( and apply your changes)
};

CPU .. {
};

(please note that you may use the #include directive to include an oil file inside another oil file)

I hope this help (at least a little :P )

just a question. Are you working with a multicore? (now or in the future) Do you need pragmas in the common.c file?

Regards,
Nicola