About ERIKA AURIX project

Forum related to ERIKA Enterprise and RT-Druid version 2

Moderator: paolo.gai

hyunyong

About ERIKA AURIX project

Post by hyunyong » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:44 am

Hello all,

I confirm ERIKA is support AURIX target with Tasking compiler.(http://erika.tuxfamily.org/wiki/index.p ... neon_Aurix)

So I'm tesing ERIKA example project for AURIX target with Tasking compiler.

I download and install these files in ERIKA homepage.
- eeCygwin_1_7_9
- EE_RT-Druid-2.2.0-juno-win32
and I'm using Win8 Pro 64bit.

I wonder more things.
1. There is no configuration for Tricore compiler path.(Window -> Preferences -> RT-Druid -> Oil -> There is no Tricore configuration). So I cannot define Tasking compiler path.
2. I can create example Project by using File -> RT-Druid Oil and C/C++ Project -> Project name is defined "Test" and Select "Cross GCC Toolchain" -> Select example(tricore->infineon_TriBoard-TC2X5_V2.0->OO examples->TASK demo project). but after that, I get error message such as "Program "gcc" not found in PATH".
2-a. How can I resolve this with Tasking compiler?
2-b. makefile of this TASK project is for GCC compiler. How to use makefile for Tasking compiler?

Finally, I want to test ERIKA example by using only Tasking compiler and TC27x target.
Could you guide how to make and compile ERIKA example(using Tasking compiler and TC27x) for me?
I don't care tasking compiler version.

Thanks in advance everything.

Best Regards,
Hyunyong Kim.
Attachments
There is no list for tricore(TC27x..)
There is no list for tricore(TC27x..)
no_tricore.jpg (28.88 KiB) Viewed 5181 times
I got gcc path error
I got gcc path error
gcc_path_Error.jpg (21.9 KiB) Viewed 5181 times
Test.zip
This is default example.
(10.56 KiB) Downloaded 231 times

paolo.gai
Administrator

Re: About ERIKA AURIX project

Post by paolo.gai » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:37 am

Hi!

A few things:

- We recently released also the Tricore multicore support (not for the TASKING compiler yet). I suggest you to update to the nightly build plugins from the download page.

- The Tricore settings in Windows / Preferences will be added in one of the next releases of the Nightly builds. Currently you need to insert the compiler in the path.

- We'll follow-up with another message about the Tricore example.

Ciao,

PJ

e.guidieri

Post by e.guidieri » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:04 am

To select the compiler you have to modify OIL file, changing CPU_DATA container

Code: Select all

CPU_DATA = TRICORE {
            CPU_CLOCK = 200.0;
            APP_SRC = "code.c";
            /* COMPILER_TYPE = GNU; Change This */
            COMPILER_TYPE = TASKING; /* To this */
         };
You can find some documentation related to ERIKA Infineon AURIX Porting here: http://erika.tuxfamily.org/wiki/index.p ... neon_Aurix.

AURIX Multicore porting for TASKING have been done (Paolo made a mistake about that), just it's long time that I cannot test it, because we needed to change compiler from Altium TASKING to HighTec GNU and we don't have no more a valid license for tasking (we used TASKING 4.0r1 version).

If you want to access to the multicore porting for AURIX you have to get the RT-Druid Nightly Build from this Update Site:

http://www.evidence.eu.com/erika-builds ... id_230_nb/

Here http://erika.tuxfamily.org/wiki/index.p ... d_RT-Druid are the instructions about how update your RT-Druid.

You can find these information at http://erika.tuxfamily.org/drupal/download.htm too.

As Paolo pointed, TriCore preferences have been not added yet so you need to put compiler in path (Mine contains this C:\Program Files (x86)\TASKING\TriCore v4.0r1\ctc\bin).

Ciao,
Errico

hyunyong

Post by hyunyong » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:36 am

Hello all,

Thanks for fast reply.
I wonder more thing.

1. Where should I config path for "TRICORE_TASKINGDIR" and "preference_tricore__path_for_tasking_compiler"??

2. I think "preference_tricore__path_for_tasking_compiler" variable must define common_oil.pref. But there is no common_oil.pref file in C:\Erika_Edu\eclipse\configuration\.

3. If I know which file should I use for setting tasking compiler path information, How can I define path information? Is it right such as below?
- #preference_tricore__path_for_tasking_compiler = /tasking/tricore/path/compiler
- TRICORE_TASKINGDIR = "C:\Program Files (x86)\TASKING\TriCore v4.0r2"

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Hyunyong Kim.

e.guidieri

Post by e.guidieri » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:33 pm

Hi,

With "you need to put compiler in path" I meant to put the compiler path in environment variable PATH.

For AURIX I don't think that neither common_oil.pref will work (at least it doesn't wotk for Hightec GCC yet).

If you want give a try, you can found an example of common_oil.pref file here:http://erika.tuxfamily.org/wiki/index.p ... ef_example.

You have create the file by yourself and put it in C:\Erika_Edu\eclipse\configuration\. . Remember in common_oil.pref file the preference have to be set in this way:

preference_tricore__path_for_tasking_compiler = C:/Program Files (x86)/TASKING/TriCore v4.0r2

N.B. Be aware that you have to use slash instead of the native Windows backslash for path (this is because Cygwin...)!!!

hyunyong

Post by hyunyong » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:10 am

Hello,

I put the compiler path in environment variable PATH such as attached image.
but I get error after compiling "which: no cctc in...."
Refer attached files.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Hyunyong Kim.
Attachments
also I put on path here
also I put on path here
environment variable2.jpg (112.85 KiB) Viewed 5162 times
put Tasking path on environment variable
put Tasking path on environment variable
environment variable.jpg (124.55 KiB) Viewed 5162 times
compile error
compile error
err.jpg (736.71 KiB) Viewed 5162 times

r.schiavi

Post by r.schiavi » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:22 am

Hi,
to fix this error you have to add the bin file to the path.

Please try adding to your system path

C:\Program Files (x86)\TASKING\TriCore v4.0r2\ctc\bin

-Riccardo

hyunyong

Post by hyunyong » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:07 am

Hello,

The result is same although I modify system path(TRICORE_TASKINGDIR and Path) to "C:\Program Files (x86)\TASKING\TriCore v4.0r2\ctc\bin".
But when I add TRICORE_TASKINGDIR := "C:/Program Files (x86)/TASKING/TriCore v4.0r2" in "cc_tricore_tasking_new" file.

Please confirm again.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Hyunyong Kim.

nicola.serreli

Post by nicola.serreli » Fri May 16, 2014 5:26 pm

Hi,

the last plugin version in the update site allow to set the tricore path through the eclipse/settings gui.

Moreover, the value set in the common_oil.pref file is now used by the gui (if no value is set using the eclipse/settings gui).

See http://erika.tuxfamily.org/wiki/index.p ... d_RT-Druid about how update RT-Druid.

Best Regards,
Nicola